Financial trading course advice

LadyFinance

Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie in the financial trading world. I read a lot now and I would also like to complete a financial trading course. I found this one and would like to know your opinion. Maybe you have other suggestions?

Please give me some advice on that, any opinion will be highly appreciated!

Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie in the financial trading world. I read a lot now and I would also like to complete a financial trading course. I found this one and would like to know your opinion. Maybe you have other suggestions?

Hi LadyFinance,
Welcome to T2W.

I've never come across this course before and don't know anyone who has done it. On that basis, I can't comment on it. However, I would offer some general observations that you might like to keep in mind . . .

1. Why are you thinking about taking this course - what do you want / hope to achieve as a result? I've only quickly scanned the course blurb, but the inference is that you'll stand a better chance of getting a job than the next candidate who hasn't taken it. That may be true - but I would check if I were in your shoes. Go to the HR departments of the sort of organizations you'd hope to get a job with and ask them if they're familiar with the course and whether it would make your CV stand out from the crowd. The cynic in me says it won't make a jot of difference!

2. How much does it cost? If it's a few hundred quid, then what will you get for that price that's really going to make a difference? If it's a few thousand, is it money well spent? If you want to be a trader or involved with trading in some way, I'd have thought applying to one of the well known proprietary trading firms might be a better route.

3. Will you take the course to learn how to trade? It's highly unlikely that you'll emerge from a 3 month course with sufficient knowledge - let alone experience - to set yourself up as an independent trader. If it's well structured with good people running it, then it could fast track your learning and save you a month or two trawling through free sites like this one.

Those are just a few 'off the top of my head' thoughts. The bottom line is tread carefully and don't sign anything or pay anything until you're crystal clear about what you're getting into and what it will lead to. Lastly, for a more in-depth look at questions you'd be well advised to address, check out this FAQ: Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?

Let us know your findings and what you decide!
Tim.

Hi everyone!

Dunno about the Link firm, I was at the London Investor show yesterday, the most inspirational speaker was this great trader. If you can find out who he was without assistance then you are half way to being a great trader.:LOL:

Attachments

• Autumn 2013 (60).JPG
    Autumn 2013 (60).JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Autumn 2013 (59).JPG
    Autumn 2013 (59).JPG
    687.7 KB · Views: 324
Dunno about the Link firm, I was at the London Investor show yesterday, the most inspirational speaker was this great trader. If you can find out who he was without assistance then you are half way to being a great trader.:LOL:

How do you knew he's a great trader, because he said he was?

Hi everyone!

Don't pay any of these people for training, none of them have a clue, it's a total waste of money.

How do you knew he's a great trader, because he said he was?

I never said he was a great trader it was just the multi orgasmic reaction of his audience (the room was so packed I couldn't even get near the door). I couldn't see even what he was presenting but he had ALL of the right buzzy words. Fundamental , technical , candlers , Sectors, early contraction , bulls , bears , market makers, options, wall street, Standard and pures. He must know what he's on about. Also he was presenting with what could be described as people who could be described as traders, youngish professional men.
This is all in stark contrast to some of the other marketing ploys, at the entrance we were all accosted by 2 females wearing tight revealing t shirts and exceptionally tight leggings (forum rules prevent the publication of pictures of that nature but please PM me if you want the piccys) who were trying to sell us an IPOD entry draw if we just gave a name and email. There were other exhibitors who used this "honey trap" strategy which is ok if thats your thing but in reality there was nothing behind it (trading wise that is) the women themselves were great. Of any of the credible exhibitors there they emperloyed a more plain jane in some cases even caninesqe munters but at least they talked a little bit of sense and stopped me purely focussing on there j****.:cool:
Anybody else who was there care to comment?
;)

I never said he was a great trader it was just the multi orgasmic reaction of his audience

I once worked for a trader who went to a thing like that. I could hear all the commotion in the background from his mobile. He came back with a brilliant idea for me to build him a system. But both the idea and the trader were loosers.

To the OP: all courses are great for the CV. If you get a whole bunch of them plastered on the CV, your employment prospects should improve.

I once worked for a trader who went to a thing like that. I could hear all the commotion in the background from his mobile. He came back with a brilliant idea for me to build him a system. But both the idea and the trader were loosers.

To the OP: all courses are great for the CV. If you get a whole bunch of them plastered on the CV, your employment prospects should improve.

Don't get too excited there Joe... employment prospects where? No top tier bank will give a sh!t about this 3 month buy-to-have course and I'd genuinely say that VPs sifting CVs will actively disdain stuff like this, as sorry as that is.

Best to nail 4 A's and a First from Oxbridge in a science to even stand a chance in that arena these days.

Prop firms I dunno, maybe. Doubt it though, they don't normally care for anything like that so who does it actually benefit, in literal terms?

I never said he was a great trader it was just the multi orgasmic reaction of his audience (the room was so packed I couldn't even get near the door). I couldn't see even what he was presenting but he had ALL of the right buzzy words. Fundamental , technical , candlers , Sectors, early contraction , bulls , bears , market makers, options, wall street, Standard and pures. He must know what he's on about. Also he was presenting with what could be described as people who could be described as traders, youngish professional men.
This is all in stark contrast to some of the other marketing ploys, at the entrance we were all accosted by 2 females wearing tight revealing t shirts and exceptionally tight leggings (forum rules prevent the publication of pictures of that nature but please PM me if you want the piccys) who were trying to sell us an IPOD entry draw if we just gave a name and email. There were other exhibitors who used this "honey trap" strategy which is ok if thats your thing but in reality there was nothing behind it (trading wise that is) the women themselves were great. Of any of the credible exhibitors there they emperloyed a more plain jane in some cases even caninesqe munters but at least they talked a little bit of sense and stopped me purely focussing on there j****.:cool:
Anybody else who was there care to comment?
;)

Tytus, I could prep for 5 days and convince you my team are excellent neurosurgeons with all the right buzz words. However, once they began to operate on your invasive glioma, you'd realise your mistake when you woke up without a frontal lobe.

Luckily the GMC exist to protect you against such stuff - no such institution exists to regulate trading tutoring because it's a dirty industry that no outsider really cares about and so any old half wit with zero morals can make money flogging old hat nonsense that is based on confirmation bias and basic support and resistance.

Maybe this is relevant based on the film Matrix:
Morpheus:
It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Make your mind up. Is he a great trader or not?

Well he talked a good story. The only thing I have made my mind up about is that you are a complete jerk without a sensible thing to say about anybody. Were you there yeaterday pissboils? Are you one of these "TOOLS".

Attachments

• Autumn 2013 (48).JPG
    Autumn 2013 (48).JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 186
Well he talked a good story. The only thing I have made my mind up about is that you are a complete jerk without a sensible thing to say about anybody. Were you there yeaterday pissboils? Are you one of these "TOOLS".

I don't go near those things, I learnt a long time ago that they are full of scammers.

I don't go near those things, I learnt a long time ago that they are full of scammers.

Well, they did teach you something didn't they - something that's worth a life time of value ? Why try to deny others of this value ? But people will go ahead to gain this value anyway regardless of what you say. Value can only be gained when people pay.

Well, they did teach you something didn't they - something that's worth a life time of value ? Why try to deny others of this value ? But people will go ahead to gain this value anyway regardless of what you say. Value can only be gained when people pay.

Thanks for that BJ, I just go to them because its a free event and I get to do a bit of business networking whilst I am in London for a few days. The point I make is that pissboils is a complete jerk without anything good to say about anything or anybody including himself . Who knows, maybe his partner laughs at the pathetic size of his *****..:LOL::cool:

Well, they did teach you something didn't they - something that's worth a life time of value ? Why try to deny others of this value ? .

That's like learning electricity is dangerous by sticking your finger in the socket. By the way don't let me put you off doing that.

That's like learning electricity is dangerous by sticking your finger in the socket. By the way don't let me put you off doing that.

Actually I did do that. How did you think I worked out it was a bad idea ? I can even tell you it causes heart seizure.