Financial Astrology

I'm not saying that I believe in astrology and I'm not saying I don't, there are a damn sure lot of things that we don't yet know and understand.

G-Man

Lovely big 180 pip fall in 5 hours this afternoon in EURUSD pair, exactly as the Moon conjuncted Venus opposite Jupiter.
The astrological symbolism is obvious, but can anyone out there explain why it's hit the Euro in particular? (I don't have a natal chart for the Euro and I suppose that could be key.)

Lovely big 180 pip fall in 5 hours this afternoon in EURUSD pair, exactly as the Moon conjuncted Venus opposite Jupiter.
The astrological symbolism is obvious, but can anyone out there explain why it's hit the Euro in particular? (I don't have a natal chart for the Euro and I suppose that could be key.)

Something to do with the Euro's starsign perhaps?

This could be an awesome call.

Only things is...
.....it needs to be before the event.

Something to do with the Euro's starsign perhaps?

This could be an awesome call.

Only things is...
.....it needs to be before the event.

Sorry, I thought this thread was for discussing Financial Astrology - is it more about proving/disproving its claims?

Sorry, I thought this thread was for discussing Financial Astrology - is it more about proving/disproving its claims?

As this forum is about trading, I don't see how we can discuss Financial Astrology without some reference to whether it is a viable way to trade successfully. Otherwise it's just pointless waffle.

Can you seriously suggesting that today's movement of Venus affected specifically EUR/USD?? Nothing to do with something as mundane as interest rates or jobs data?

Which planet are these financial astrologists on?

Now. Sun spots - there's something worth discussing.

When Venus is in Cancer opp Jupiter in Capricorn (obviously) there will always be some move on the USD (not the EUR). A geo-natal for USD can best be set using the incorp on the NYSE.

What really made the difference today was a lack of absolutely everything in Aries.

However, you appear to be using a Geocentric approach - why?

If you switch to the more correct Heliocentric view you would have had a far more accurate and precise picture. Look where Jupiter, Moon AND Earth are located....AND they're all trine Saturn in Virgo. If ever you needed a more precise indication of which way to go and when, I really can't imagine.

Reactions: BSD
Can you seriously suggesting that today's movement of Venus affected specifically EUR/USD?? Nothing to do with something as mundane as interest rates or jobs data?
Well Mr. Laugh-down-my-pants-at-my-socks, we'll see which side of the planet your face is after you've bitten the heady cherry of tarnished delight and lit the bitter latern of defeat shall we?

Check out EURUSD at 08:47 BST tomorrow...then we'll see how far you can smile with your rolled up copy of the times thwacking hard on the pond as they fly away with soft options and vanilla for a treacle tart my old fella of a cab driver, shall we?

As this forum is about trading, I don't see how we can discuss Financial Astrology without some reference to whether it is a viable way to trade successfully. Otherwise it's just pointless waffle.

Which planet are these financial astrologists on?

Now. Sun spots - there's something worth discussing.

I've got no axe to grind either for or against astrology - I just have an open mind and wondered if there were any practising financial astrologers on the forum.
If you prejudged astrology to be useless, why are you wasting your time and energy on this thread? I find Elliott Wave theory spurious for instance, but I don't waste my time naysaying its adherents.

When Venus is in Cancer opp Jupiter in Capricorn (obviously) there will always be some move on the USD (not the EUR). A geo-natal for USD can best be set using the incorp on the NYSE.

What really made the difference today was a lack of absolutely everything in Aries.

However, you appear to be using a Geocentric approach - why?

If you switch to the more correct Heliocentric view you would have had a far more accurate and precise picture. Look where Jupiter, Moon AND Earth are located....AND they're all trine Saturn in Virgo. If ever you needed a more precise indication of which way to go and when, I really can't imagine.
Thanks, I'll have a look at that. I assumed there would be some application to the Euro rather than the dollar as the fall occurred during Trichet's statement and there was no corresponding move in the USDJPY for example.
Fundamentally, he prompted the fall but if I understand astrology at all, I thought there should be some symbolism present that represents the impact he had.

What do you use for intraday timing on a heliocentric chart (seeing as it renders the Moon useless)? I'm wondering precisely what aspect or transit it was you feel triggered the dollar rise (though the more I look at the various pairs, the more convinced I am it was a Euro fall!).
(Seeing as this seems a prickly thread I'll add that I'm not picking holes, I'm just interested in your approach!)

financial asstrology occurs when things enter into alignment with uranus and money changes hands

Check out EURUSD at 08:47 BST tomorrow...
OK, 3 minutes early. But even if you had gone in at the low of 08:47 (5717) even at the highest high before the drop at 08:50 (5727) you were 10 points (plus spread) adrift at worst.

And the low at 12:20 (5653) fell spot on both time and price target as predicted in post #26.

I obviously used the traditional astrological method of couching my language in an esoteric style to protect the essence from being degraded by the profane.

Although the highest high after my target start time was 10 pips away, I will use the target low of the predicted commencement time of 08:47. 5717 which is the 752nd prime and therefore relates to the 7th house (Libra) and 52 minutes. Libra on this day has a value of 161. So we add the 52 minutes to Libra’s day value of 161 yielding a value of 213. This is the time value and a delta on the commencement time. You see how the actual commencement value (which we do not know in advance) dictates the measurements we should use on a dynamic basis to calculate our time and level for the trade.

The level value is assigned by taking the first value in the Fibonacci sequence (2) and bringing that to the power of the day value for the consort of the diving house. In this case, today, Libra is the diving house and therefore, Leo is her consort. Leo’s value is 5. 2 to the power of 5 is the level which we are looking to establish as out target.

So, we have a time value of 213 minutes (or 3 hours and 33 minutes) for the trade from 08:47 commencement and a target level of 2 to the power of 5 which is 64.

So how did we do?

Commencement of trade at 08:47 – 3 hours and 33 mins later is 12:20. Precisely when the low occurred!

What about the level of the low?

Our commencement level was 5717 and the low of the 12:20 bar was 5653. 5717-5653 = 64!!!

It doesn’t always work quite so precisely as this has today, but what I have shown you here is but a mere glimpse of the power of the Systeme Astrologiques des Souffleurs and as Chef – Agence pour les Souffleurs, I am probably one of the few at liberty to disclose such techniques.

You can’t say I don’t tell you everything which is known in advance.

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. I assumed there would be some application to the Euro rather than the dollar as the fall occurred during Trichet's statement and there was no corresponding move in the USDJPY for example.
Fundamentally, he prompted the fall but if I understand astrology at all, I thought there should be some symbolism present that represents the impact he had.
Trichet was compelled to say what he had to say. Those things that move the market move man too, obviously. You'll hear a lot of traders suggesting Trichet's comments 'moved' the EUR - complete rubbish. Trichet was compelled (although he didn't know it) to comment as he did in precise and accurate lockstep with what the market was about to do. Traders ‘see’ this Trichet speaks market moves and assume one ‘causes’ the other. They are both the cause of the One Effect.

What do you use for intraday timing on a heliocentric chart (seeing as it renders the Moon useless)? I'm wondering precisely what aspect or transit it was you feel triggered the dollar rise (though the more I look at the various pairs, the more convinced I am it was a Euro fall!).
(Seeing as this seems a prickly thread I'll add that I'm not picking holes, I'm just interested in your approach!)
Heliocentric doesn't render the moon useless, nor the Moon Node. Their representation is as fully implicated in either perspective.

Intraday timing is a function of the dynamic values as I have briefly outlined in my post above on the EURUSD move which I predicted last night would occur at 08:47 today. To imagine the miniscule meanderings of Mercury or the Moon matter, simply because they move the fastest, is of any consequence, is what has brought this art such well deserved ridicule.

The heavens merely set the scene and indicate a point and a level (and a couple of other things). It is up to the Souffleurs to calculate with pinpoint accuracy the deltas and arcs.

I don't use any external aids in my analyses of this nature.

Well Mr. Laugh-down-my-pants-at-my-socks, we'll see which side of the planet your face is after you've bitten the heady cherry of tarnished delight and lit the bitter latern of defeat shall we?

Check out EURUSD at 08:47 BST tomorrow...then we'll see how far you can smile with your rolled up copy of the times thwacking hard on the pond as they fly away with soft options and vanilla for a treacle tart my old fella of a cab driver, shall we?

OK, 3 minutes early. But even if you had gone in at the low of 08:47 (5717) even at the highest high before the drop at 08:50 (5727) you were 10 points (plus spread) adrift at worst.

And the low at 12:20 (5653) fell spot on both time and price target as predicted in post #26.

I obviously used the traditional astrological method of couching my language in an esoteric style to protect the essence from being degraded by the profane.

Although the highest high after my target start time was 10 pips away, I will use the target low of the predicted commencement time of 08:47. 5717 which is the 752nd prime and therefore relates to the 7th house (Libra) and 52 minutes. Libra on this day has a value of 161. So we add the 52 minutes to Libra’s day value of 161 yielding a value of 213. This is the time value and a delta on the commencement time. You see how the actual commencement value (which we do not know in advance) dictates the measurements we should use on a dynamic basis to calculate our time and level for the trade.

The level value is assigned by taking the first value in the Fibonacci sequence (2) and bringing that to the power of the day value for the consort of the diving house. In this case, today, Libra is the diving house and therefore, Leo is her consort. Leo’s value is 5. 2 to the power of 5 is the level which we are looking to establish as out target.

So, we have a time value of 213 minutes (or 3 hours and 33 minutes) for the trade from 08:47 commencement and a target level of 2 to the power of 5 which is 64.

So how did we do?

Commencement of trade at 08:47 – 3 hours and 33 mins later is 12:20. Precisely when the low occurred!

What about the level of the low?

Our commencement level was 5717 and the low of the 12:20 bar was 5653. 5717-5653 = 64!!!

It doesn’t always work quite so precisely as this has today, but what I have shown you here is but a mere glimpse of the power of the Systeme Astrologiques des Souffleurs and as Chef – Agence pour les Souffleurs, I am probably one of the few at liberty to disclose such techniques.

You can’t say I don’t tell you everything which is known in advance.

You didnt actually say go SHORT, did you, merely pointed out 08:47am, which was, in itself neat.

Your 2 to the power of 5 was referenced AFTER the 64 pips were put in.

re: You can’t say I don’t tell you everything which is known in advance.

You're messing with our heads, man.

I've got no axe to grind either for or against astrology - I just have an open mind and wondered if there were any practising financial astrologers on the forum.
If you prejudged astrology to be useless, why are you wasting your time and energy on this thread? I find Elliott Wave theory spurious for instance, but I don't waste my time naysaying its adherents.

You seem to be confused between having an open mind and having no mind...

No evidence has been found of any veracity in astrology at all, and there's been a lot searching for it. So our best guess, by far, is that it's for crackpots and weirdos.

You can say the same for most technical analysis as well, I agree... vast majority of it is a load of ****e.

If you want to learn how to fake being an astrologer go to Ian Rowland: The Mindreader, The Mind Motivator. And fridge magnet..

You can say the same for most technical analysis as well, I agree... vast majority of it is a load of ****e.

Would be so kind as to describe:

1) what exactly you class as "technical analysis"?

2) Why you think it's a load of sh!te.

3) The genre od TA that isn't, in your view, a load of sh!te.

Would be so kind as to describe:

1) what exactly you class as "technical analysis"?

2) Why you think it's a load of sh!te.

3) The genre od TA that isn't, in your view, a load of sh!te.

I'm referring to unfalisfiable (or if they are falisifiable, either untradeable or practically meaningless) woolly statements. I'd expand on this but it's Friday afternoon. But you know the kind of stuff I mean.

You didnt actually say go SHORT, did you, merely pointed out 08:47am, which was, in itself neat..

I said in the prior post to the one predicting the move "AND they're all trine Saturn in Virgo".

Of course, unless you're acquainted with the Green Code this would not have been obvious. I should have been more specific, but one becomes so used to discussing such things in code, one forgets sometimes where one is and what one is discussing one’s things with.