Finally giving it (another) go

Apologies for sounding a bit harsh yesterday E.T. you reminded me of myself when I started not to long ago. Trying out every strategy until you find one that worked. For me the penny dropped when I realised that none of them work consistently, I tried scalping using a similar method to fxmo on his thread, the candles were moving that fast I thought I had a virus on my laptop lol. It wasn't for me, but after much screentime , controlling emotions and money management I finally found my niech and what I would like to call my edge that works for me . Takes time though, there is no fastrack unfortunately. Best of luck.

Mike,
I didn't think you were harsh. You were just trying to give your honest opinion.
Right now I am trading to a strategy, and hoping to gain the experience to find my own style.
As I've said throughout this thread this is simply a learning opportunity for me.
I reckon so many would be trader never really find out whether they could have made it.

The next couple of months are simply me putting some hard graft and hours of screen time in. I don't expect to be the best trader in the world at the end of it, but I do expect I'll have learned a hell of a lot at the end of it!

Gbp is rallying pretty hard. Everyone thinking that the union remains.
I favoured the long side, but didn't dare trade.
In the next hour or so we should start to get a clearer picture of what's going on
Looking like a win for the no campaign is being priced in

Morning guys,
Will be trading for most of the day today.
Will start about 10am.
Please keep comments coming as it's really useful to hear from people who have made it.

Any idea how I post charts here?

Apologies for sounding a bit harsh yesterday E.T. you reminded me of myself when I started not to long ago. Trying out every strategy until you find one that worked. For me the penny dropped when I realised that none of them work consistently, I tried scalping using a similar method to fxmo on his thread, the candles were moving that fast I thought I had a virus on my laptop lol. It wasn't for me, but after much screentime , controlling emotions and money management I finally found my niech and what I would like to call my edge that works for me . Takes time though, there is no fastrack unfortunately. Best of luck.

Mike, i would guess that he is more offended that you called him.....E.T.....:LOL:

Thumb twiddling time.

EUR trade is still going, currently 4 points in the red. Will just let it sit and see what happens

2 points a profit currently.
It's actually tempting to take it, just to get something on the board this morning!!!

LOL

Any idea how I post charts here?

Take a screen shot (for me its FN key / print screen)
open 'paint' on windows and paste your screenie.
crop anything you dont want us to see (acc details / size / goatlove.com) and save.

goto attachments (paper clip symbol) in the reply window and upload your your pic.

luvly jubly

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 125
your stops are gona kill you imo. can you bet real small with your acc? ie 0.10
you can fade the short term trend and manage your position, no stops.

Are you saying stops are too tight?
in general stops imo are a bad idea, they will always fire at a place that isnt in your favor.
A better way of handling things is to try and operate at a places around the average price, whether that be entering / taking a loss or profit.

To the OP: in general, taking advice off retail trading forums is a bad idea... please be aware it's likely that 95%+ of people here consistently lose money.

Good luck.

It's possible that my stops are too tight, but to be honest I wouldn't consider trading without a stop. I saw the Dow move up 60 points and then down 100 points within a minute on Wednesday night!

As an example. A with trend play in the DAX.
Your view of the daily trend is up (its closing above its ma)
You seek value in the smaller time frame (1 hr in this case)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 136