Finally giving it (another) go

Good luck, but please don't keep jumping from one strategy to another, find one you feel happy with that reflects your personality and test it........yes it's boring testing but it's the only way to go.

Kind regards, Shane.............:)

Ok, stop now before you loose a bucket full of cash, your bouncing around from forex to indices to gold, it looks like your just making wild punts, there is much more to trading than this but it will not come overnight, go back to demo and devise a strategy that works for you and you only. Nobody is saying its easy. But it is doable. Good luck.

Fair point Mike.
In my defensive, I have a list of about 8 things on my watchlist, and I'm trading from technical signals.
To me (and I may well be wrong) a chart is a chart.
I'll definitely take all advice on board, that's exactly why I'm here.

Fair point Mike.
In my defensive, I have a list of about 8 things on my watchlist, and I'm trading from technical signals.
To me (and I may well be wrong) a chart is a chart.
I'll definitely take all advice on board, that's exactly why I'm here.

Sh1t.....no, everything trades differently, FTSE likes me, DAX is a B1tch on heat.

Mike will have his own tales, so will everyone else.

I will definitely take the advice on board, thanks Mike and Sonic.

At this stage in my trading I am yet to discover which markets I'm "best" at.

My preference is for currencies, but I could well be wrong. I anticipate that in time I will discover which markets like me best!

Sat here watching.
Not a huge amount happening at the minute.
Watching the GBPUSD........ a wee rise I could get interested

Quickly going against me this one.
Obviously this will happen.
My view of success in the early days will be did I execute the trade correctly, according to my plan?

I will not review now, I will review at the end of my day

Probably worth saying at this point that the way I trading is that I am risking the same monetary amount on each trade. So, so far today I've had a breakeven, a winning trade which was 2.5 times risk, and a loser.
I'm not necessarily looking at the number of pips that I win, more the risk versus the reward. Does that make sense???

Probably worth saying at this point that the way I trading is that I am risking the same monetary amount on each trade. So, so far today I've had a breakeven, a winning trade which was 2.5 times risk, and a loser.
I'm not necessarily looking at the number of pips that I win, more the risk versus the reward. Does that make sense???

It all comes down to how much profit or loss you make. And that may be 2 winners v. 1 loser to break even.

Heading south (again!)
If this gets stopped out i'll probably call it a day and take a small loss for the day!

My money management is pretty sensible, so I'll leave for a few days yet!