Fear of missing out

apparently

Bitcoin trading halted at the CME.The $3065 drop in Bitcoin futures at the CME has led to a trading halt with it down 20%.

According to exchange rules, trading can't take place outside of a 20% move. Imagine being short and holding that short through the xmas period :)

Opinions more volotile than bitcoin

Didn't CV cancel his trade order? We're under $12,000 now, there's got to be some value here surely?

Cancelled his order? Does this mean that 11days ago Bitcoin was a bargain @$13,000 and now it's too expensive? LMFAO :LOL: :LOL:

Original order cancelled @ $12,970 as price never went anywhere near it. This is the trouble with a One directional market, getting an entry, adding and build a position etc.
Not to worry, something will turn up!

Something has turned up. Let us know when you have bought.

It's quite disappointing that someone like you is representing T2W...
Hi Nowler,
At the risk of sounding pedantic, c_v doesn't represent T2W, that's my job!

It's true to say that c_v can be a tad truculent at times, but that's because he's a rough, tough, gruff northerner with a reputation to live up to. Stick with him and your patience will be rewarded, as he's a knowledgeable and experienced trader. Besides which, just imagine if everyone's posts were like mine, this place would be as dull as ditch water!
:p
Tim.

Is trading crypto's that much different to trading Penny Stocks?

Am I missing something?

Both have wild volatility and shaky fundamentals and the overheads are adverse too. Not many serious traders would touch Pennies and crypto's seem to draw in the same brainless throng...

Just my 2c

Is trading crypto's that much different to trading Penny Stocks?

Am I missing something?

Both have wild volatility and shaky fundamentals and the overheads are adverse too. Not many serious traders would touch Pennies and crypto's seem to draw in the same brainless throng...

Just my 2c

Spot on, I would add that it is even worst, because it is not regulated at all, so in the coming years we'll read more about scams and scoundrels...

And as usual the people that are going to lose the most are the people that cannot afford the loses in the first place... The Facebook twins, the "crypto inventors", the hedge fund managers, etc, won't have to get a second job to put food on the table... It's really sad...

Yep , you are right, but just one time it wont...

Very true and I'm sure when that one time happens there will be people flocking in here giving it the biggun about how they were right all along when they've already been wrong at least 5 times this year on the way up:LOL:

40% off its highs

Haven't seen much activity from the folks that think its only going up today. Perhaps they got burned.
_99333720_bitcoin2212-2.png

That graph is a bit deceiving though, in terms of percentage drops it's nowhere near the biggest - and new highs posted after all of them. Again, I'm not biased either way on where this goes so don't start attacking me for it.

Plus, the red line on your graph should now be just under the 15k mark not below 12k...

Attachments

• Bitcoin.jpg
    Bitcoin.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
That graph is a bit deceiving though, in terms of percentage drops it's nowhere near the biggest - and new highs posted after all of them. Again, I'm not biased either way on where this goes so don't start attacking me for it.

Plus, the red line on your graph should now be just under the 15k mark not below 12k...

I would say the chart that you posted isn't accurate at all for many reasons .

My My, you have all been busy today :LOL:

A lot of talking going on, most of it the usual standard of drivel, but we are where we are!

Onwards and upwards(y)

For the hard of seeing, i've attached charts showing 6 levels of resistance broken after the drop. The drop that I told you about over a week ago.

Also attached is a screenshot of open positions. I'll not bother you with what this will return when target is hit. I'm sure you can all use a calculator:rolleyes:

Depending on the unfolding action will determine how I manage the trade going forward. I might add, I might take away. I might close the lot early. At this juncture it's just too early to say.
Rest assured though, I will make money. :LOL:

Attachments

• 6-levels-resistance.png
    6-levels-resistance.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 6-levels-resistance-5m.png
    6-levels-resistance-5m.png
    123 KB · Views: 162
  • talkers talk walkers walk.PNG
    talkers talk walkers walk.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

A lot of talking going on, most of it the usual standard of drivel, but we are where we are!

Onwards and upwards(y)

For the hard of seeing, i've attached a charts showing 6 levels of resistance broken after the drop. The drop that I told you about over a week ago.

Also attached is a screenshot of open positions. I'll not bother you with what this will return when target is hit. I'm sure you can all use a calculator:rolleyes:

Depending on the unfolding action will determine how I manage the trade going forward. I might add, I might take away. I might close the lot early. At this juncture it's just too early to say.

I hear ya!

Wanted lower to fill the pot, may get some next week, haven't decided yet. Not decided on limits either (profit take), 15k initially before another leg lower to load up was/is the plan, but Christmas has come to alter plans slightly.

Pure trading - no opinion about the validity of crypto etc, dont care TBH, just playing this as a pure emotional phase in the cycle.

Not going to be too active, as spreads are a bit steeeeeeep, (and I cant be bothered to open another account just to take a couple of trades in this), also no stops :eek: but funds allocated accordingly to not lose beauty sleep over it. While it is volatile, take a play, when it calms down avoid it.

Cant see myself having more than 2 plays on this, then move onto something else.

Closed off pretty much all other positions into Jan. Then it all starts again.

Attachments

• Bittycoin.jpg
    Bittycoin.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 172

C'mon man... what the hell is this sh!t?

Where did you pull that graph out of? CV's vault?

I am certainly not trying to insult you or anything, but wtf??

You say one graph is deceiving and then you post a chart more deceiving than any chart I have seen in my life!

Onwards and upwards(y)

For the hard of seeing, i've attached charts showing 6 levels of resistance broken after the drop. The drop that I told you about over a week ago.

What else do you trade?
I can smell a BSer from a mile off!

I want to challenge you... all 7 months of me

Last edited:
I've read all your posts. You need to master yourself before issuing challenges.

Of course, I have much to master still. Most definitely!
But you made a mistake on your path to righteousness in this thread. I have seen some of your core...you have a flaw that I reckon I can capitalise on.

So are you in, or...?

C'mon man... what the hell is this sh!t?

Where did you pull that graph out of? CV's vault?

I am certainly not trying to insult you or anything, but wtf??

You say one graph is deceiving and then you post a chart more deceiving than any chart I have seen in my life!

They look to me to be part of "Gartley" family of patterns and spiral thrown in for good measure.

I would not call them s**t just because they are generally not mainstream. There are traders who use them in their TA.