Fat Prophets

Fat P phoned me earlier this week to try to sign me up for their telephone advisory service. Before he launched into his spiel the telephonist rattled off a list of supposed successful recommendations they had made… bad mistake. They were such bogus claims I couldn’t hold back. I think this guy would have taken the rest of the day off.
What I can’t believe is how bad the Fat P recommendations are. I can understand them lying about their track record although I don’t agree with it. But, how can someone in the industry be so shockingly bad with recommendations?

Fat P phoned me earlier this week to try to sign me up for their telephone advisory service. Before he launched into his spiel the telephonist rattled off a list of supposed successful recommendations they had made… bad mistake. They were such bogus claims I couldn’t hold back. I think this guy would have taken the rest of the day off.
What I can’t believe is how bad the Fat P recommendations are. I can understand them lying about their track record although I don’t agree with it. But, how can someone in the industry be so shockingly bad with recommendations?

If you look at the background of the people at Fat Prophets you'll see they have a history of working at firms that either went bust or were fined by the authorities. This 'industry' is not about coming up with successful trade calls, that is beyond the ability of most people, this industry is all about making money from the clients, by fair means or foul.

I just can't understand all this negativity about Fat Prophets. I am absolutely sure that it does exactly what it was meant to do - generate fat profits for its owners.

What relevance does the the return made by its customers have?

I just can't understand all this negativity about Fat Prophets. I am absolutely sure that it does exactly what it was meant to do - generate fat profits for its owners.

What relevance does the the return made by its customers have?

Absolutely none I would imagine. The whole financial industry is geared up to take advantage of the naivety of ordinary plebs.

The price up anything can only go up or down. Don't suppose anyone could charge a 5% commission for that priceless information though.

If you look at the background of the people at Fat Prophets you'll see they have a history of working at firms that either went bust or were fined by the authorities. This 'industry' is not about coming up with successful trade calls, that is beyond the ability of most people, this industry is all about making money from the clients, by fair means or foul.

I guess I’m still shocked that Fat P can set themselves up to be ‘advisors’ and not have a clue.

Imagine if someone in the healthcare industry did the same thing. You’d have dead bodies everywhere but they’d be saying “Wait, look, one of them is still alive, and he’s walking. There’s the proof!” And then, “Bodies? What dead bodies? They’re not mine.”

It’s nuts.

I guess I’m still shocked that Fat P can set themselves up to be ‘advisors’ and not have a clue.

Imagine if someone in the healthcare industry did the same thing. You’d have dead bodies everywhere but they’d be saying “Wait, look, one of them is still alive, and he’s walking. There’s the proof!” And then, “Bodies? What dead bodies? They’re not mine.”

It’s nuts.

“…… And if any of you point out those dead bodies I’ll have my solicitor deal with you quite harshly, that is, if you’ll be so kind as to tell me who you are and where you live… please.”

(I'm hearing a John Cleese voice when I do those quotes)

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see where David Thang and the others go to next. I'm sure wherever it is will be following the same model, just like all their previous outfits. My money is on precious metals or binary options, now that land banking and carbon credits are fairly well exposed.

It will be interesting to see where David Thang and the others go to next. I'm sure wherever it is will be following the same model, just like all their previous outfits. My money is on precious metals or binary options, now that land banking and carbon credits are fairly well exposed.

I know what really happened, and happy to tell all. Please message me.

“…… And if any of you point out those dead bodies I’ll have my solicitor deal with you quite harshly, that is, if you’ll be so kind as to tell me who you are and where you live… please.”

(I'm hearing a John Cleese voice when I do those quotes)

Actually, the three people currently giving advice, are doing so knowingly without FCA approval.

All is not well at Fat Prophets....and one hears one of their senior management has turned whistleblower.

Well start blowing your whistle then, and where were you when these clowns were threatening T2W and forcing them to delete the evidence of dodgy dealings.

I don't like sneaking behind everyone's back so here is a PM I received and my answer -

Hi MadBrad,
I am in FP management and would like to know who has been trying to sell you lists. I would appreciate if you could either email me - [email protected]

Or alternatively is there a number i can contact you on ?

thanks
John Bennet

I've already had this conversation. See "Fatprophets" Junior Member.
... and, honestly, Fat Prophets is the worst service I've ever used. The stock picks are like someone threw a dart at a board. No... worse.
How is it possible that an untrained person like myself can pick better stocks than you guys?

I've answered Fat Prophets questions 3 times now. Please answer mine.