FAP Turbo & Trading Mondays

hank007

I get the feeling that many traders that are using FAP Turbo are nervous about trading Mondays. I just want to gauge whether my thoughts are correct or whether I'm dreaming it! If I'm not dreaming, is this fear founded on good analysis or is it just paranoia?

Thing is, Mondays have had some big news events around the globe recently. More so than other days i believe. For instance, Monday 19th Jan 09 brought a banking sector crash in the UK. This effected the EURGBP and one of my trades went sour by quite a lot. However yesterday saw lows for the FTSE and DOW Jones but the EA seemed to cope. I can't see that Mondays in general are the problem more so the events that take place that seem to effect our trades. Not all events are going to effect the EA either. Seems a bit of hit and miss. Can't quite see a pattern yet. Any views or is everything i said bleeding obvious?!

I paid for system but having second thoughts about running it. any coments on how its going. Also which is the main fab thread. thanks

Hi there, i don't know if there is a thread dedicated to FAPTurbo here. You could start one if you have questions. I'm sure people would help.

I was really successful in February however the last 2 weeks or so have been a little slow and nerve wracking. I'm personally being cautious at the moment. Keep your risk low and lets ride it out.

I did a search for FAP Turbo and I can't really see any dedicated posts. If you have any questions I might be able to help.

Saw a post on a post about Fab Turbo on a random thread had been moved to 'main fab turbo thread' by administrator, so it is that main thread I was looking for. Have not run system yet as I am a bit wary and would like feedback from other users so thanks Haraldo for you coment.

mondays

I get the feeling that many traders that are using FAP Turbo are nervous about trading Mondays. I just want to gauge whether my thoughts are correct or whether I'm dreaming it! If I'm not dreaming, is this fear founded on good analysis or is it just paranoia?

traders are nervous about trading mondays PERIOD... !! :D

I'm trying out the FAP-TURBO. Here are some of its features.
It has two trading methods.
  1. Scalping.
  2. Long Term

The FAP-TURBO is designed to scalp trades in 4 pairs in the 15 minute time frame.
  1. EUR/CHF
  2. EUR/GBP
  3. GBP/CHF
  4. USD/CAD
I've noticed that the GBP/CHF has some high spreading during late evening hours.

Also, scalping is on Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday. The "No Friday" trading can be disabled but I don't see any reason for doing it.

Trading is limited to the evening hours (GMT) of ~ 2100 TO 0200. This is the "Quiet Time" for trading. For me that is 1600 EST (4pm) to about 2100 EST (9pm) so I just turn on the metatrader4 and hope for the best. :whistling

The ideal spread is 3 to 4 pips with 5 pips considered high. If the spread gets to high then trading is stopped; 6 or 7 pip spread. There is also a S/L that has some unusual features.

There is a built in money management feature but I haven't had a chance to give it a good go just yet. ;)

Normally there are 1 to 5 trades during the trading hours so it may be fairly easy to get under the "No Scalping" radar of some brokers. (I am with Alari -US so that isn't a problem anyways)

I am impressed with the support system it has and also there is a forum for the thousands of questions that seem to keep popping up. There are also quite a few videos to walk a trader thru setup and other things. :smart:

The "Long Term" trading method is in one pair only; EUR/USD at 1 minute. They claim it works but it does require a sizable trading account.

I like the scalping feature but i doubt if I will trade the "Long Term".

I hope this clears up some of the mud about the FAP-TURBO.

RT... :clover:

I just returned my FabTurbo today for a full refund, i started with 500 since jan 28 and now it's 448, so it's not worth to keep it until i loose the 500. I can do much better than the FabTurbo

I think it's best if you guys have larger accounts for days like this. i had FAPturbo a while back but I have other EA's that trade more than fap so that's the reason for the refund. but I think someone said a while back that the UK sector crash was the cause, which is true. when those interest rates change or breaking news comes out, watch out! even my better EA didn't do so well. but not as of the last three weeks. I've been doing really well. so I think that the worst is out of the way for most of you fap owners. and when MBtrading is ready to go which sounds like maybe 2 months then I would highly recommend them if you have at leats 400.00 or ATC when they go live this week or the next with 5000.00

I don't understand the mentality of someone who could wade into trading with little or no real knowledge, happily hand over their cash to some opaque so called 'expert' advisor, written by an anonymous shyster that never made it in the real markets and now sells basically the financial market equivalent of good old fashioned snake oil, AND THEN GET NERVOUS ABOUT TRADING ON A BLOODY MONDAY.

Cmon - you're totally punting anyway if you 'tradde' via these things, so what difference does it make whether you throw away your dough on Monday or Friday?

Any major bank in the world would pay BILLIONS, not millions of dollars for a working auto system.. not $99.. If you do succeed in tweaking your auto-trader to be successful this month then it will not be successful next month. A system which works in a range bound market will not work in a trending market and so on.. New traders don't realize this and a steady stream of suckers think they will be the 1 in a million to consistently make money with a robot.

Learn how to trade if you want to make money.. Taking the first step to becoming a real trader involves finally realizing two things:

a. robot traders are for suckers
b. your broker is not out to get you

Once you realize these two things you are ready to move out of the novice section of the site and move into the beginner's section.