facebook and breastfeeding

This is about the most unexpected thread I've yet come across. As for me, breastfeed is to be encouraged and that means it will, from time to time, have to be done in public.

Smashing...let us know when you intend to give this display.....i'll see if we can get a coach party organised

I only just came across this thread.
I don't get people's attitude to breastfeeding. What an earth is the problem with it?! And what is wrong with having pictures of it all over the internet? It is attitudes like this that have caused so many women to stop breastfeeding because it feels socially unacceptable. This is really unfortunate since it is an amazing experience to have for the mother and benefits the baby so much.

Yeah, so what, it's a boobie- get over it people!

BreastfeedingBaby.jpg

That is you Donna right?

I mean, not just some random pic lifted from the www

Not a complaint as such...but why t f does she have to wear sunglasses ?

This ain't about breast feeding infants is it.

It's about self promotion of A J looking all designer cool with all the right attachments ( pun intended ) and hey look wot a good mom I am ...blah blah B S.

Exploitation of the nipper i'd say to promote self.

What an unbelievable thread to start the new year off with.

;)

Breastfeeding-Melissa-Theuriau--24490.jpg

sauna_gallery_custom.jpg

People really must have serious issues if they have a problem with what must be one of the most natural things in life, our bodies.

Here in Germany most gyms or swimming pools or hotels etc have saunas that are always mixed and completely textile free.

And why on earth not after all, that's the way we were made, it's perfectly natural.

Lovely.

:)

But they are not "normal", breast feeding is.
Anyway, the mods have the power to do whatever they like and the mod who has deleted those pictures hasn't "explained".
I suppose there is no point in even discussing it, but breast feeding is not obscene or perverted so I fail to understand the objections. Obviously I have no imagination.

OK, this is a whole other issue but I still think it is worthwhile considering that what some people consider completely normal, others are using in ways that most of us would perceive as abhorrent.

A long while ago, I came across a website that had pictures of young childrens hands and feet. I can't remember how I found this website but there was nothing sexual to me about these pictures whatsoever. The shots looked almost like the kinds you would take of your children playing. A litle girl barefoot in the garden etc but the majority I remember were of kids wearing gloves. That's right, children wearing gloves and not any strange type of gloves either. Just...gloves. Like mittens in winter.

Now the thing is, it was clear as day to me that these pictures were collected for the purposes of turning peadophiles on. So I reported the website to the authorities and a long while later it disappeared.

But what I ask is this: If something that we perceive as natural - unharmful and perhaps even educative is being used for socially unacceptable purposes, should posting it be encouraged?

I like playing devils advocate :)

on trade2win.com, of course

on masturbateovermothersbreastfeeding.com... well, even so, why not? it's not doing anyone any harm as such.

I take your point, TD, but In the end I think you have to apply some common sense and judgement to these things, otherwise you end up with all females in burkas - and children too. And all because some pervy guy out there might get turned on by the sight of a hand or even an eye.
Maybe there are even perverts out there who might get turned on by a shapeless form in a burka - so everybody should hide away for life?

And what about women? Maybe men should also hide away in burkas in case a woman might see someone she likes?

How do women in burkas recognise one another in the street anyway?

they have special codes and signals to contact each otha. n ofcors code names ''P diddy 1'' etc. - to their own choice

and ur fooled - they have secret shizzle in the burkas, night vision stuff, eye compters so they can surf the net, online movies, and lets not forget sat nav so when they drive they dont get lost n alot more shyt (dont tell me you wouldnt want all these gadgets near ur eyes''

n about the men they do wear burksa - ive been wearing mone since i was 1 years n 5 months...all dese damn ladies man (n im well pissd off i cant afford the ill burkas with all the gadgets...

there's loads of antibodies in the mother's milk that the baby needs. if you inhibit breast feeding, the so-called slappers are going to end up taking their sprog to hospital because the nestle formula doesn't cut the mustard, and guess whose taxes pay for that?

so bring on breast-feeding ankle biter as fashion accoutrement for Posh, Kate and the rest.

It's curious that the mods have allowed some pictures to stay, having deleted several others.
One explanation is that as long as a nipple isn't visible with breast feeding infants then that's acceptable to t2w.
All very strange. :rolleyes:

It's just occurred to me that, as I understand it, the mods have on-line conferences to decide on difficult issues. What did they call this one? "Ban The Nipple", "Suck on it and see", "Nipple Sandwiches".
Pity there aren't any female mods any longer to add some balance - and realism :)
Richard