Extreme basics

soosta

70 0
:eek: Could someone PLEASE give me some answers to the following:

What is an option, future and a contract for difference?

What makes up the FTSE 100, I know its the top 100 companies but what is the figure made from - is it maybe the value of the top 100 companies shares added together!?

Also, what are the major traits of the FTSE 100, Dow Jones and Nikkei. I hear the Nasdaq index is fairly volatile? what is the reason for this?

Thanks to anyone in advance who can help me out!

p.s. I know this is basic but you've got to start somewhere!!

cheers,
soosta

ewilcox

134 2
option: the right but not obligation to buy/sell a product a particular price at a particular time

future: an agreement to buy/sell a product at a specified price at a specified time

CFD: a financial product where you pay the difference between a starting price and a closing price multiplied by the number of items of the product when you close your position. e.g. Vodafone - enter into long position at 110 for 1000 shares. share goes up to 112 - you make 1000 x 2p = £20. can be used to leverage your capital but risky if you don't monitor your positions carefully.

hope that is of some help.

ew.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock