Expert Advisor Performance

scotsman

Hi there, I am pretty new to Metatrader so apologies if this is a dumb question. I am cureently running 4 different EA trading robots on a single Alpari demo acct. All the trades executed by these robots get thrown into the account history, but I was wondering is there a way to display account history by each ea so that I can see how each is performing? Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hijack your post but can you tell me where the robot goes? I have mt4 and I want to put firebird on it (I'm new to mt4 too). Cheers

Sorry to hijack your post but can you tell me where the robot goes? I have mt4 and I want to put firebird on it (I'm new to mt4 too). Cheers

Just drag and drop into your experts folder wherever you installed your MT4 software.

I was wondering is there a way to display account history by each ea so that I can see how each is performing? Thanks in advance!

There are a few ways of doing this. You could export the trade history into a 3rd party application (MS excel or access) and handle the analysis from there. There are quite a few scripts on the trading forums that do this.

There's also a commerial app that analyses trades by scraping values from the HTML account history report that MT creates (IIRC you'll need the paid for version if you want to split EA's by magic number but theres a demo version that kind of illustrates how it might just work) Forex Analysis Software, Metatrader and Oanda Analysis, Oanda Export/Import - Forex Control Center

You might also want to look at the indicator on the link below, OK if you just want a quick analysis without messing around downloading stuff

Closed Trade History EA / Indicator - Forex Trading

There are a few ways of doing this. You could export the trade history into a 3rd party application (MS excel or access) and handle the analysis from there. There are quite a few scripts on the trading forums that do this.

There's also a commerial app that analyses trades by scraping values from the HTML account history report that MT creates (IIRC you'll need the paid for version if you want to split EA's by magic number but theres a demo version that kind of illustrates how it might just work) Forex Analysis Software, Metatrader and Oanda Analysis, Oanda Export/Import - Forex Control Center

You might also want to look at the indicator on the link below, OK if you just want a quick analysis without messing around downloading stuff

Closed Trade History EA / Indicator - Forex Trading

Thank you Zupcon for your very detailed reply. I tried downloading the account history into Excel but unfortunately there seems to be no column in the account history telling me which EA generated which trade. So sorting them inside excel was a non starter for me. I am going to have a look at your other suggestions and give them a try.

Thanks