Exit routines in EDS

ChartMan

Legendary member
Try these FAST exit routines in EDS.

CciOut if val([CCI],1)>[CCI].
TciOut if val([TCI],1)>[TCI].
SvmaOut if val([SVMA],1>[SVMA].
MacdOut if val([Macd Osc],1)>[Macd Osc].
PhaseOut if val([Phase],1)>[Phase].
VelOut if val([Velocity],1)>[Velocity].

Sell if Cciout or TciOut or SvmaOut.

The idea is to generate a sell signal if any one of the conditions is met.
I have used and tried the first three with good success and it DOES get you out of a bad trade fast.
However, it DOES also restrict the MAXIMUM potential of a good profit run that has small pullbacks!!!!
You could use any or all of these in combination.In backtesting, it seriously improves the 'LOSS' situation,resulting in typical maximum losses around 8%.I'm currently working on some new EDS routines that are providing ,typically, max profits of 20-40% and average 'hold' days of 3-5 days.The bad ones also show holdings of > 5 days....
I have seen EDS routines based on hold for 'x' number of days and sell, 'irrespective'.!Not sure I like those.....
If anyone would like to contribute to EDS, please post the most violent price rises that you have seen over the last 6 months or so. BUT maybe not 'penny shares'or 'funds'.
I'll take a look and see if I can conjure up some wicked EDS routine(s).....

Martin

WARNING....This will not protect you against stocks like TRK.......

[This message has been edited by reality (edited 28-11-2000).]

Martin

Saw a little routine yesterday that was suggested for present markets. Will it convert to eds easily.

Buy if

- stock opens today BELOW yesterdays close.
- closed today above yesterdays close.
- vol today > vol yesterday.
- intraday low today was NOT a new 20 day low.

He also set a lower vol limit and price to rule out illiquid and penny stocks.

(This is really a Bullish Engulfing Candlestick pattern I think.)

To reduce further, he went to fundimentals and listed by prospective earnings growth, on the assumption that the main players, institutions, would be going for calculated plays rather than hope in the present climate.

rgds

Hi reality

As the 'old' board has disappeared (perhaps never to return), would it be possible for you to re-post the Holy Grail?

Thanks a million

Skim

All this talk of EDSs.. I thought I'd just mention today I've been working on the EDS section of the site. Should have something up by tomorrow. This will be a registered section, I will try and migrate your CI username/passwords but if not you'll have to sign up again. Also got a symbol lookup and chart configuration thingie on the way. Enjoy.

Yes should be able to code that.....post it later. I have a similar 'engulfing pattern' but it was a bit crap.....
I'll see what this one does and post results

Martin

here's one I did earlier along the same lines- It doesnt work very well. I'll edit it to include the 20 day low thing and post it.......

Martin

!select stocks with bigger open and close

lowis if [open]>val([close],1).
hiis if val([high],1)<[high].
cciup if val([CCI],1)<[cci].
svmaup if val([svma],1)<[svma] and [volume]>500.
tciup if val([tci],1)<[tci].
cls if val([close],3)>[close].
vaob if [obv pct]>0 or [va pct]>0.
phup if val([phase],3)<[phase].
buy if lowis and hiis and cciup and tciup and cls and svmaup and vaob and phup.

!exit rules- test for dropping off of CCI or TCI or SVMA or stachastic
! these exits are very fast and may not provide maximum profits if STRICTLY adhered to....
!They WILL protect your losses faster!
CCI if val([CCI],1)>[CCI].
TCI if val([TCI],1)>[TCI].
SVMA if val([SVMA],1)>[SVMA].
STCH if val([stochastic],1)>[stochastic].
sell if CCI or TCI or SVMA or stch.

And ideas how best to organise the EDSs, can we break them down into groups (perhaps BEAR,BULL,non-trending markets? any other logical divisions) and a rating and a comments facility I think would be good.

The way I imagine it will work is that. After loggin in, you can upload your eds into a section which it will then be dispalyed along with your name and comments. Then anyone can download the EDS or rate, add comments to the EDS. Do you think perhaps having some sort of version of an EDS is worthwhile, so people can uploaded updated versions?

Also do we allow protected EDS's (ie those where u can't see the source) to be included, or do people want a facility whereby uploaders can protect their EDS with a password (that they can give out privately to their peers) or perhaps can select from a list of all registered users which are allowed to download theirs. Or perhaps even to set up groups of members which their own rights.. course this is starting to get complicated,.. and I ony have four trotters.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Pigsy.