Everybody Be Cool, This is a Robbery

natureboy

Established member
All right, I figure keeping a trade journal can help keep me honest here. Starting next Monday, Nov 7 2011, i'll be posting my trades on here for a week, see how that goes.

I'll give my expectations in advance for either a long or a short, the times i'll be trading, any price patterns i'm using, and profit targets / trailing exit hit.

Basically: Setup Prior to Entry
Entry/Breakeven/Stop Out
Trade Management
Exits

My strategy pyramids entries, risking 0.25% of capital per entry, risking 1.75% of capital per 'setup'

I do get stopped out mutliple times finding my footing, as I use a tight stop loss, however my rules make money on balance. Lets see what we can do. :)

Ok, First trade of the day

I see a Bullish pattern on USDCHF. CHF unemployment at 2:45 EST (i'm in the US). I wait for 2m confirmation of bullish move via Heikin Ashi or Hawkeye Trend, before entering on 10sec-30sec timeframe

Expected support either 0.8918 or 0.8912, or even 0.8906. We have learned to wait for confirmation of the expected reaction from patterns, getting in early often causes many stop outs.

Entries will pyramided in, exit trailed.

eh, its gonna be a little tricky to do real time typing while managing my trades..

i'm out 0.8946

Nature boy, I'm sorry it didnt work out so well, I actually feel for you. I was there myself when I first started. Look man, I setup a page on my blog just to give you a free copy of my Trade Journal that I have mathematically defined into excel which helps me calculate my position sizes based off of the technical and risk control parameters i have defined. I programmed into it what is call a Fixed Ratio Money Management Position Sizing model into it which makes it very easy to take sustained, systemic, and disciplined action of your trading plan at higher speeds than are possible when posting to a site like this... check it out, I call it my ProTrade Dashboard. I think you will find much use out of it as did i.... good luck, i hope it works out better for you and dont give up!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: