ETX Capital

Do you have to be based in UK to trade with ETX.

A friend of mine based in Trinidad wanted to trade in CFD's wantedto knowif he could trade with ETX ?

Do you have to be based in UK to trade with ETX.

A friend of mine based in Trinidad wanted to trade in CFD's wantedto knowif he could trade with ETX ?

Hi Rishikesh

You do not have to be based in the UK to open an account at ETX Capital. ETX Capital have clients from over 90 Countries.

Trinidad, unfortunately, is not a Country where we accept clients from.

Thank you, Rob.

Anyone else had money taken from their account due to a pricing error on FTSE100 last night.

Had an order was filled and a target which was hit.

Money was then taken from the account under the auspices of a "pricing error".

Also anyone short who had money taken away and not refunded as a "pricing error" must effect those players too?

Thanks

UB

MT4 platform is the easiest platform for the brokers to manipulate price spikes to work against the traders, be careful.

MT4 platform is the easiest platform for the brokers to manipulate price spikes to work against the traders, be careful.
Every market maker platform is easy to manipulate through back office administrative plug-ins. If they chose to do so on is another matter altogether, they have to measure this against bad publicity and short temporary gains on clients behalf.

Every market maker platform is easy to manipulate through back office administrative plug-ins. If they chose to do so on is another matter altogether, they have to measure this against bad publicity and short temporary gains on clients behalf.

Wasn't this on ETX's ordinary platform, which is of the Ariel variety, and has tweakable designer slippage. (Allegedly, although they did boast about it on their website at one time).

Can I post screenshots of the price action on the ETX charts e.g. to this forum? If so, do I have to include the credit "Powered by Ariel Charts 2012" in the bottom left in every shot.

Thanks.

Hi et

I appreciate the oportunity to answer but it's really up to you whether you post a screen shot of our charts and to what extent you show the detail.

Good luck

Rob.

Can I post screenshots of the price action on the ETX charts e.g. to this forum? If so, do I have to include the credit "Powered by Ariel Charts 2012" in the bottom left in every shot.

Thanks.

ETX use metatrader now? I can't seem to see a link to that on their 'platforms' tab on their site?

Hi PB

ETX Capital have launched a spreadbet MT4 platform under the name of our sister company RPDFX.

the link is rpdfx.co.uk

If you have any questions regarding the platform please feel free to pm me or contact me directly at [email protected]

Thanks

Rob.

Yes they use a price manipulating plug in, don't welcome scalpers or traders who hedge their positions, all said by Rob from ETX! Basically why would anyone with the slightest level of intelligence even bother to open an account?

Despite being a very user-friendly platform ETX capital appear to begin trades at prices that suit them. For example: I had a position going short on Starbucks. Trading started lower than my entry price on the day so my trade was not opened - I would have gained around £200. A few days later I had a similar thing with Neflix. My trade was set and once again trading started below my entry price however this time Netflix decided to enter my trade 1000 points below the my entry price. Now I appreciate that markets can be volatile etc etc (their excuse) but a little picking and choosing goes on... Another time my trade was not registered on a stock that was rising in a big way - I wanted to go in and out quickly before it hit a circuit breaker and make a few £ - what actually happened was that ETX had entered my trade but it had not shown up on my 'open positions' until the circuit breaker had been hit and share prices tumbled meaning that a decent gain turned into a loss and there was nothing I could do about it.

Anyway - my advice is to get a proper broker and be happy with the 2% or so he makes you - I've decided that using ETX is about as reliable as putting money on a horse - possibly less so.

Eh, of course your trade wasn't opened if your order was above the market, if you don't care about price use a MOO order.

If you want to scalp use DMA. Even so, your orders won't be filled above the market assuming you can even submit orders while the market is closed.

I don't use them cuz their spreads are too wide - considering my non DMA trades are open for days there is absolutely no way I'd pay those spreads intraday.

Thinking of opening an account with them... like the site.. Has anyone got an account with them? Any good stories/bad stories about them?

I have failed to find any reference to them at all on this forum which I am not sure to take as a good thing or a bad thing given the amount of criticism some firms come in for on here!!

thanks

S

I have just started with ETX.

Whilst I know about guaranteed stop losses, do they offer a guaranteed stop win on any markets?

Does anyone else offer this?

Thanks for any help

A.

I have just started with ETX.

Whilst I know about guaranteed stop losses, do they offer a guaranteed stop win on any markets?

Does anyone else offer this?

Thanks for any help

A.

Hi Dion

We now offer guaranteed stops on FX, FTSE, DAX, DOW, S+P, Brent, Nymex and Gold.

I'm not too sure about guaranteed stop wins though :) That really would be a good marketing tool.

Good luck

Rob

I notice that ETX is now offering 1 point spread on the Dow. Anyone trading the Dow with them and how is the platform, price feed, execution and slippage compared to let say Capitalspreads?

I notice that ETX is now offering 1 point spread on the Dow. Anyone trading the Dow with them and how is the platform, price feed, execution and slippage compared to let say Capitalspreads?

I do, have been using ETX for some time. Platform completely stable, execution is far better than others I've come across..IG and absolutely no slippage, whereas I had loads with IG

Gle,

I would like your thoughts on their Scalping Policy,this part(variable spreads being applied to markets you trade)how does European financial directive mifid cover this.

Scalping Policy
11.1Our Scalping policy shall apply to any on-line quoted financial market that is traded through your use of the ETX Capital Platform.

11.2We may deem an activity as Scalping if that Order or Trade has any of the below characteristics:

(a)the Trade is opened and closed within Two (2) minutes (i.e. the Order for the closing Trade follows the Order for the open Trade in two (2) minutes or less);

(b)an opposing Trade is placed within two (2) minutes of each another Trade being opened thus creating a fully or partially hedged position (also known as a “locked position”); or

(c)the Order for opening or closing the Trade is placed on a latent price.

11.3By providing fixed spreads and liquidity to you, where it is possible to do so, we try to help you trade in volatile global financial markets by giving you greater price stability. We do not provide fixed spreads and liquidity to enable Scalping and will deem any instance of Scalping to be a Manifest Error (for more information on the treatment of Manifest Errors please see that section of the standard customer Terms and Conditions). Scalping is considered a breach of your Terms and Conditions and may result in the immediate termination of your account and your access to our servers.

11.4We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change your underlying liquidity feed to another provider in order to protect against abuse (including Scalping). Such a change may result in variable spreads being applied to markets you trade. If the liquidity feed is changed we shall have no requirement to notify you or give you prior warning of the change. We shall not be obligated to change the liquidity feed and may take any other action permitted by standard customer Terms and Conditions

ETX one of the worst for slippage, in my experience, even when there didn't seem to be a reasonable excuse and the spreads were wider. Their scalping policy clearly goes against the intentions of MiFID. Vote with your feet.

Gle,

I would like your thoughts on their Scalping Policy,this part(variable spreads being applied to markets you trade)how does European financial directive mifid cover this.

Scalping Policy
11.1Our Scalping policy shall apply to any on-line quoted financial market that is traded through your use of the ETX Capital Platform.

11.2We may deem an activity as Scalping if that Order or Trade has any of the below characteristics:

(a)the Trade is opened and closed within Two (2) minutes (i.e. the Order for the closing Trade follows the Order for the open Trade in two (2) minutes or less);

(b)an opposing Trade is placed within two (2) minutes of each another Trade being opened thus creating a fully or partially hedged position (also known as a “locked position”); or

(c)the Order for opening or closing the Trade is placed on a latent price.

11.3By providing fixed spreads and liquidity to you, where it is possible to do so, we try to help you trade in volatile global financial markets by giving you greater price stability. We do not provide fixed spreads and liquidity to enable Scalping and will deem any instance of Scalping to be a Manifest Error (for more information on the treatment of Manifest Errors please see that section of the standard customer Terms and Conditions). Scalping is considered a breach of your Terms and Conditions and may result in the immediate termination of your account and your access to our servers.

11.4We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change your underlying liquidity feed to another provider in order to protect against abuse (including Scalping). Such a change may result in variable spreads being applied to markets you trade. If the liquidity feed is changed we shall have no requirement to notify you or give you prior warning of the change. We shall not be obligated to change the liquidity feed and may take any other action permitted by standard customer Terms and Conditions
According to the MiFID "Best execution" directive this kind of scalping policy falls in direct conflict of the same. Also furthermore, what need to be mentioned is that the SB cannot override the MiFID financial directives by stating there own clauses for trading in the user agreement. It is not allowed according the MiFID to flag individual clients in order to restrict and limit their trading success. The SB can protect themselves from "harm" but as I understand it doesn't include this kind of trading restrictions mentioned by ETX in their user agreement.