ETX Capital

Don't get confused. Get educated. It's not made-up; it's a common prefix that means, “after / subsequent to".

I could read the re-occurring complaints on this site about it. That's good enough.

Ok. didn't mean to offend you. Apologies if I have.

I'm new to all this and have clearly misunderstood this forum as a place to ask and answer questions. I didn't realise you already knew it all and was actually posting a rhetorical question. Apologies again.

Can you answer this one for me please? If I had an account at a spread bet firm and they kept on applying post-spread spread to my trades and I stayed with them, would that make me a dick?

I'm new to all this and have clearly misunderstood this forum as a place to ask and answer questions.
I did explain it then you attempted to be clever talking about "made-up words".

Can you answer this one for me please? If I had an account at a spread bet firm and they kept on applying post-spread spread to my trades and I stayed with them, would that make me a dick?
More cunning wit and implication.

Where did I say I was still with them?

I did explain it then you attempted to be clever talking about "made-up words".

More cunning wit and implication.

Where did I say I was still with them?

It is of no consequence to me if you are with them or not.

The only accurate way to find out if price bias is being applied to your trading account is to compare it with another account whilst you're active. To tell me that you "could re-read the occurring complaints on this site and that's good enough" isn't really good enough at all is it? Surely you'd want to find out for yourself rather than hear say. Lots of things said on this forum are inaccurate and the only sure way of finding the truth is to see it for yourself. I'd have thought that was obvious but it's down to you. I was simply trying to point you in the right direction. I have no idea how experienced you are and how much you know, I was only trying to offer a reasonable explanation to another conspiracy theory.

Spreadbet firms shouldn't need to resort to under hand tactics. They can make enough without being slippery.

I think I know a lot about this industry and I would prefer to offer you help than sarcasm. Apologies if we got off on the wrong track, but I just don't buy in to blaming other people for what most of the time are our own mistakes or misunderstanding.

The only accurate way to find out if price bias is being applied to your trading account is to compare it with another account whilst you're active. To tell me that you "could re-read the occurring complaints on this site and that's good enough" isn't really good enough at all is it? Surely you'd want to find out for yourself rather than hear say.
It's not hearsay if people are putting their direct experiences.

I think broker to broker are a more valid reference point.

stop listening - start "doing"

You miss the point.........."Direct Experiences !!"......you have to take their word for "it." You do not know these people or have personal experience of the veracity of their statements.
So- the only way to test the veracity of these "direct experiences" is to test them yourself ! 'kin obvious really.

Broker to broker isn't the correct reference point. Most brokers will take a price feed from 10-20 banks and there will often be differences in the prices they quote because of the way their price blend engine will aggregate the feeds. This is what causes reverse prices occasionally and the opportunity to arb.

The correct and only reference point to check price bias is to compare 2 similar accounts at the same broker. One of the accounts should be in an open position and the other account should be flat. Now compare the prices and if there is a difference you have a problem.

You miss the point.........."Direct Experiences !!"......you have to take their word for "it." You do not know these people or have personal experience of the veracity of their statements.
So- the only way to test the veracity of these "direct experiences" is to test them yourself ! 'kin obvious really.
Not really, the more corroboration the more reliability. Yes, there's a degree of caution, but there's some weight and value if lots of people are describing similar experiences.

The correct and only reference point to check price bias is to compare 2 similar accounts at the same broker. One of the accounts should be in an open position and the other account should be flat. Now compare the prices and if there is a difference you have a problem.
So that's the only circumstances in which there can be an issue? Clearly it's improbable for the scenario you describe to exist. It's highly probable to be a 'hidden' issue, just as the slippage on orders is, if it even exits at all.