ETX Capital

They do use it, they said so here, was it you or Timsk that expressed their concern at that particular admission, I don't remember but it was one of you.

oh yeah, it was me - i use them a bit. not mt4 though and only play stuff.

Thank you Rob for taking the time to reassure us, which I for one much appreciate.What's more, it's good to know too that despite the very rarity of such an event, you still accept that there is some room for improvement in how it was handled, and that you're striving to do better.

On an unrelated matter, I remain hopeful that the début of your android app will be not too far from now :)

Hi Peakoil

The debut of the Android is close.. We had hoped for Q2 but as today is July 1st we've missed it. We expect to begin testing with a selection of clients from this week and a live launch to all during July.

Best, Rob

They do use it, they said so here, was it you or Timsk that expressed their concern at that particular admission, I don't remember but it was one of you.
I have tried the ETX MT4 demo account. I don't know if you can apply for a live MT4 account. Anyway I wasn't interested as the execution time for it was terrible. If ETX introduce the MT5 platform with fast execution time I would be very interested to try it out.

I have tried the ETX MT4 demo account. I don't know if you can apply for a live MT4 account. Anyway I wasn't interested as the execution time for it was terrible. If ETX introduce the MT5 platform with fast execution time I would be very interested to try it out.

A slow demo account doesn't sound too promising.

I feel if sb firms advertise a certain spread, that's what you should get, after all it's an artificial market that they manipulate to work for themselves - they will argue about high volume news times, well the fix for that is to introduce no trading around news times 5 mins either side. They are just crooks who profit from our losses, remember that, not only are you fighting the market, you're also fighting the sb broker with their underhand tactics of slipping/stop hunting etc. I have an account with these clowns and got fed up with constant slippage, so changed my trading style with these cowboys to a higher time frame - they should change their spreads to a more accurate honest statement like Dow spread "4-9 pips".
These sb firms are the equivalent of the bucket shops of the 1930's. The only way to trade and financially rape these brokeback mountain cowboys is by not trading under a 60 min chart and going for targets over 30 pips per trade. That goes for most sb firms, I say most because I haven't tried all of them.

does anybody know if etx can open an account for someone who has a us passport but is not a us resident? I know that there is some kind of restriction about this but I think that it affects only those who reside within the u.s.

does anybody know if etx can open an account for someone who has a us passport but is not a us resident? I know that there is some kind of restriction about this but I think that it affects only those who reside within the u.s.

Hi Alevros

That should be ok. We can open accounts for people non-resident in the US but they must be able to prove a residence outside the US that is not on a US military base, in a US embassy or other US governmental property.

We do not allow anyone to trade from the US. Even if a non-dom goes to the US for one day we would not take their trades.

Good luck

Rob

I opened an account and funded it with £100 from my bank debit card. I immediately changed my mind about the account and completed a withdrawal request which was confirmed and then followed up with a request for a copy of my bank statement showing the payment to ETX. The payment is not going to show on my bank account for a few days so I sent a copy of my statement showing that my uncleared balance was £100 less than the cleared balance. I was then told that Compliance Department, because of anti money laundering requirements, say that I must send in the requested statement. In my opinion this appears to be a case of blaming money laundering in order to suit there own internal systems as they want to repay by Bacs instead of the requirement to pay out money promptly which Financial Institutions , retailers, in fact everybody does by repaying funds to the original Debit card which HM Revenue and Customs accept as standard. The receipt of my refund is now delayed by several days.

ETX appear to have a complete misunderstanding and misinterpretation of clear legislation and fail to explain it to their staff.

I opened an account and funded it with £100 from my bank debit card. I immediately changed my mind about the account and completed a withdrawal request which was confirmed and then followed up with a request for a copy of my bank statement showing the payment to ETX. The payment is not going to show on my bank account for a few days so I sent a copy of my statement showing that my uncleared balance was £100 less than the cleared balance. I was then told that Compliance Department, because of anti money laundering requirements, say that I must send in the requested statement. In my opinion this appears to be a case of blaming money laundering in order to suit there own internal systems as they want to repay by Bacs instead of the requirement to pay out money promptly which Financial Institutions , retailers, in fact everybody does by repaying funds to the original Debit card which HM Revenue and Customs accept as standard. The receipt of my refund is now delayed by several days.

ETX appear to have a complete misunderstanding and misinterpretation of clear legislation and fail to explain it to their staff.

Can't say I've ever experienced this. I guess because I didn't immediatey change my mind. Whenever I request a withdrawal it goes staright to my debit card within a day or so. Never had a reason to discredit ETX, best broker in fact I've come across

Can't say I've ever experienced this. I guess because I didn't immediatey change my mind. Whenever I request a withdrawal it goes staright to my debit card within a day or so. Never had a reason to discredit ETX, best broker in fact I've come across

Generally, that's my experience too. Certainly, I've not had a problem withdrawing funds, although I have had a request for information about U.S. equities go unanswered and, even, a PM to the representative on this thread completely ignored. I confess I'm surprised at this but, it might be an oversight and, as I say, no problems withdrawing funds. So far!
Tim.

Generally, that's my experience too. Certainly, I've not had a problem withdrawing funds, although I have had a request for information about U.S. equities go unanswered and, even, a PM to the representative on this thread completely ignored. I confess I'm surprised at this but, it might be an oversight and, as I say, no problems withdrawing funds. So far!
Tim.

Thanks, so it may be down to an untrained member of staff in the Withdrawals
department. I did try to tell him that my Debit Card details had been saved when I deposited and this is where the repayment was expected to go.

Thanks, so it may be down to an untrained member of staff in the Withdrawals
department. I did try to tell him that my Debit Card details had been saved when I deposited and this is where the repayment was expected to go.

Further to this I quote the email sent to me when I queried

quote Due to anti-money laundering legislation it is standard procedure for all clients to produce the necessary documentation regardless of the amount of time your account has been open unquote

documentation being a copy of my Bank Statement showing the payment to etx

Tim.

Hi Tim

Apologies for the late response. You now have one in your inbox.

Best, Rob.

Etx capital..

Just for confirmation I would like to ask any representative from ETX CAPITAL if they are currently using ( as of 20 th August 2013 ) the "Virtual Dealer plugin" in order to execute trades??

I look forward to your replies

Regards

Mac

Just for confirmation I would like to ask any representative from ETX CAPITAL if they are currently using ( as of 20 th August 2013 ) the "Virtual Dealer plugin" in order to execute trades??

I look forward to your replies

Regards

Mac

This might be a very difficult question to answer.:)

This might be a very difficult question to answer.:)
I think this kind of question is quite irrelevant in trading with a market maker. They all got back office parameters to "tweak" all kind of parameters in order to control accounts. Whether they use it extensively is a different kind of matter. The best way to find out is to trade live with a SB in order to form a personal opinion on how well they perform. So far I like ETX, this despite of some drawbacks, if I feel the same in 6 month time remains to be seen.:)

I think this kind of question is quite irrelevant in trading with a market maker. They all got back office parameters to "tweak" all kind of parameters in order to control accounts. Whether they use it extensively is a different kind of matter. The best way to find out is to trade live with a SB in order to form a personal opinion on how well they perform. So far I like ETX, this despite of some drawbacks, if I feel the same in 6 month time remains to be seen.:)

How's it irrelevant when it potentially has a major effect on your trading and profitability? Will you be happy if you start getting designer slippage because a SB is tweaking settings on a plug-in deliberately intended to move the goalposts in favour of the 'house'?