Etrade UK closing. Where should I go? HELP

yakatan

Any ideas please on a good broker.

I've just been reading bad stuff about barclays and TD Waterhouse. The latter is the one Etrade suggest we go to.

I was thinking of Interactive brokers.
Any good direct access brokers out there that can be suggested to me?

I don't trade much but I like the idea of being able to trade stocks and currencies from the same account, though this is not essential.

Try GFTUK - Attending one of their free seminars or signing up for a 1-2-1 webinar to understand how the platform works is a good route.

I've just moved my stock accounts away from Etrade - no way going back to TD, I went to Etrade to get away from those clowns. Giving simplystockbroking a go and seeing how it pans out.

mbtrading.com
velocityfutures.com
ampfutures.com (ninja with zenfire => great speed)
mirusfutures.com " ditto "
globalfutures.com

I'm with mirus but not getting any lollipops for recommending em. With amp and mirus your funds are at biggies dorman or rosenthal, but in any cases your funds will be safe cause you can buy US t-bills as collateral for margin at any of the others too.

I've just moved my stock accounts away from Etrade - no way going back to TD, I went to Etrade to get away from those clowns. Giving simplystockbroking a go and seeing how it pans out.

What did TD do to you? I was thinking of just going to TD for now or Saxo Bank.

mbtrading.com
velocityfutures.com
globalfutures.com

I'm with mirus but not getting any lollipops for recommending em. With amp and mirus your funds are at biggies dorman or rosenthal, but in any cases your funds will be safe cause you can buy US t-bills as collateral for margin at any of the others too.

These all seem to be american. Are they DMA?
Anyway clicking away I ended up at OEC who's website stays they are a subsidiary of OptionsXpress whom I'm not sure about.

These sort of companies with subsidiaries left, right and centre in the same business make me suspicious.

i am in e-trade uk and have changed to simplystockbroking. i set the account up before the change over to see if it was ok to use, as the name implies it is very simple to use.

i am in e-trade uk and have changed to simplystockbroking. i set the account up before the change over to see if it was ok to use, as the name implies it is very simple to use.

Thanks,
Yep they seem basic. Maybe a good thing as too much info clouds the mind. £8 each way isn't bad.

Are their stock prices competitive?

my account from etrade has swapped over fully to simplystock broking.
i am very pleased with the promp reply via secure message email they do.
i thought etrade was going to have the final mess up like they have done all through my time with them, but alas no it all went smooth. :clap:
i also have imiweb https://www.iwebsharedealing.co.uk/

mbtrading.com
velocityfutures.com
globalfutures.com

Are you happy with Mirus?

Thanks,
Yep they seem basic. Maybe a good thing as too much info clouds the mind. £8 each way isn't bad.

I have an account with "simplystockbroking.com" them and the commission rates are cheap, but the downside is the online portfolio is rubbish and displays the wrong prices, much below the real market price.(n) I have brought it up with them but they seem to deny they have any problems. :mad:Very comment  We were unable to complete your order at this time, please do not re-input the order, call a member of our team on. You call them and again deny the messega and you get again a much lower price.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: