essex traders

Yes! Brentwood, Essex for me. I swing trade currencies, with some consistnecy of late, so now looking to ramp up. Where are you from?

Cheers, Paul.

I'm in east London. Started day trading US stocks in the past few weeks. Quite hard doing this alone so would be good to meet up with other traders.

Good to hear from you, hope you've been short on those US stocks ;) I know sometimes there are get togethers arranged up in London and I went to one when I first started about 3 years ago. Keep an eye out as they're usually publicised well in advance. Have a look at my profile and if you're interested in talking more drop me a message.

Good luck with the day trading!

I'm in east London. Started day trading US stocks in the past few weeks. Quite hard doing this alone so would be good to meet up with other traders.

sorry for delay in replying.

I'm in Loughton trading LSE stocks via CFD's. but have had some experiance with FX and most futures.

who do you use Paul?

and you blue claret why US stocks?

I got into spreadbetting a while ago and was betting on UK stocks but because of the volatility i was getting stopped out alot. I decided on US stocks as i can do this in the evenings. I tried fx a while ago but it seemed that all the big moves happen in the daytime while i'm at work so i never really took it further. Spreadbetting US stocks is not easy because the spreads are so wide, 10 - 20 points. I am looking into CFDs but i want to have some consistency before moving onto that. I have consistency in losing money at the moment so any advice would be good! Which CFD firm do u use?

I use IG Index for my spread betting, I like the simplicity of spread betting, the tax free status and IG has great platforms, both on desktop and mobile phone. Because I trade FX the spreads are relatively small (12 pts for the futures, 2-3 for the Spot). Blueclaret I know what you mean about trying to trade during the day when at work. I tried and it didn't work for me and I now focus on trading on a daily basis instead. Some people say it's easier to make money and that intraday the movements are more noise than anything, but there's pros and cons for both. I'm thinking of looking more at the Indices next (Dow, S&P, FTSE) once we feel the bottom has been reached and the only way is up, but I'm not holding my breath yet...