Essex Traders

Mr Futures

I'm a full time trader living in Essex (near Chelmsford). Just wondering if there are any others in the area who might like to meet up for some trading chat and a couple of beers? Or even some online chat on MSN or similar.

I day trade futures myself, but am always interested in swapping ideas with other traders (full time or part time) regardless of what or how they trade.

If anyone is interested please get in touch by email or T2W private message.

Cheers

Mr Futures said:
I'm a full time trader living in Essex (near Chelmsford). Just wondering if there are any others in the area who might like to meet up for some trading chat and a couple of beers? Or even some online chat on MSN or similar.

I day trade futures myself, but am always interested in swapping ideas with other traders (full time or part time) regardless of what or how they trade.

Cheers

which instruments do u trade

Hi

I mainly stick to the emini Dow and the Bund (now that it has some nice movement again).

I also sometimes trade the emini Russell and Euro, and the Stoxx and SMI during the morning UK time.

What about yourself?

Chart from Tuesday ...

Thought I would have a go at posting a chart.

These are the 2 trades I took on Tuesday trading the emini Dow. A loser and a winner.

I use 3 volume based time frames for the Dow : 250v, 1000v and 10000v. The blue line is a 34ema to show the trend.

The 1st trade was taken because price has made a lower low (not shown on the chart) and a double top is setting up on the 250v. On reflection the double (maybe even triple) bottom previously formed on the 250v and the higher lows being formed with each bar on the 1000v chart maybe should have put me off of this or at least have got me out closer to break even.

The 2nd trade is a straight forward retracement to the trend. This is shown much clearer on the smaller time frame chart when there is a strong move like this one. A 'doji' candle forms on the 250v and a hammer is forming on the 1000v. I got in as soon as price broke the top of that 250v doji candle.

For my trailing stop I like to keep at least 50% of the move as soon as I am 20+ ticks in profit. Once in profit I don't like the price to be much more than 15 ticks above my stop.

Plus I look 2 bars back from the currently forming bar on the 1000v and trail 2 ticks below it's low. The 250v chart shows the swing lows forming and I also use those to move my trailing stop, again 2 ticks below.

The idea is to draw a balance between taking profit and giving the trade room to run further.

Attachments

• ym_chart.jpg
    ym_chart.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 328
Mr Futures said:

Cheers

Hello Mr Futures, was this successful (ideas etc) and do you still meet ?

Nick