ES tonight

Hi Paul,

Below are the equations for CAM (in case you couldn't locate them). I read on elite trader that there is a site on the internet that started selling CAM signals in the early part of this decade but that they have never officially disclosed the formulae that they use. What is below can be found freely on the internet and I believe that someone "cracked" the equations by guessing and testing, though I cannot be sure. The levels that Garry uses for his kill zones are R4 (break-out long), R3 (reversal short), S3 (reversal long) and S4 (break-down short).

R4 = C + RANGE * 1.1/2
R3 = C + RANGE * 1.1/4
R2 = C + RANGE * 1.1/6
R1 = C + RANGE * 1.1/12
PP = (HIGH + LOW + CLOSE) / 3
S1 = C - RANGE * 1.1/12
S2 = C - RANGE * 1.1/6
S3 = C - RANGE * 1.1/4
S4 = C - RANGE * 1.1/2

Cheers

Ivor

Thanks Ivor, I would rep you but I must have done recently as I am not allowed to rep you again so quickly.

Paul

Are you trading futures rather than stocks nowadays Paul? I noticed your interest in the ES/dow threads recently. 'Pitbull' seems to have moved primarily to trading the dow from his previous 'mr.charts' style of stock trading. Indicies getting popular again...?....

I am trading futures and forex. For me it requires less time and a lot less financial commitment than when I traded stocks.

Paul

I am trading futures and forex. For me it requires less time and a lot less financial commitment than when I traded stocks.

Paul

I guess you were trading US stocks Paul, for me I've moved to trading Forex from UK stocks due to the low volmes, 6 months ago there would be 50000+ shares at most 1/4 ticks on the order book in HSBC now there may be 10000 then 2000 1/4 lower then nothing for 1/2p makes for too much gapping and more difficult to get in/out of a position of any size.

PS Sorry Rath for taking this well off topic

Last edited:
4dog, you're most welcome, it's nice to see you here .....

if no other board members ever came along except the calibre of the likes of you, Ivor and Paul, I'd take that any day :)

looks like a nasty tight range yesterday but i think i would have missed by one point the trigger for the one good move south of the day.

for today, looks like this

am off to see Toots & the Maytals later - coem all the way to hamburg for business only to discover legends are playing a gig tonight :) :)

even though i seem to be the only one who has heard of them ......

4dog, you're most welcome, it's nice to see you here .....

if no other board members ever came along except the calibre of the likes of you, Ivor and Paul, I'd take that any day :)

Hi praise Garry...trying not to blush as I read

looks like a nasty tight range yesterday but i think i would have missed by one point the trigger for the one good move south of the day.

I had the CAM BS at 916.25 and I think the pre reg session high was 915.75 so no dice. However, the FTP (908) and DeM RS (912.25) would have kicked in had you been following. The first would have been a wash but the DeM would have got you in for the very late afternoon selloff

QUOTE]

901.75 => market long on a breakout
895 => fade (short) back to the mean

882.5 => fade (long) back to the mean
875.75 => market short on breakdown

do I understand these correctly?

that's the idea, preferably using pre-set resting Stop orders to trigger the trades to catch the breaks

based on the concept that once price has moved into one of these zones, it won't stay there, that it will either revert or continue Momentum
and that in between the 2 Fade triggers is no-mans land where trade shouldn't be initiated because one can't predict direction,
(but this is probably where most Stochastics (etc) traders are taking trades ...)

Thanks - seems a little like Market Profile theory... you don't to be in the market when it's farting about, you either want to fade it when it's just too far out from "value" or jump on the bandwagon when "value" is changing.

I have added the levels to my charts, look forward to checking them out.

When you say resting orders, do you mean Limit orders for the "fade" trades and stop market orders for the breakout trades? How do you figure out where to put your stops?

Awesome thread btw.

Thanks - seems a little like Market Profile theory... you don't to be in the market when it's farting about, you either want to fade it when it's just too far out from "value" or jump on the bandwagon when "value" is changing.

I have added the levels to my charts, look forward to checking them out.

When you say resting orders, do you mean Limit orders for the "fade" trades and stop market orders for the breakout trades? How do you figure out where to put your stops?

Awesome thread btw.

this is what i could not work out....specific criteria for break / fade and stop level, only just started looking though!

We're at 895.25 now... do you only run it during the cash session? Pre market?

Interestingly enough we are also at y'days highs in the Stoxx...

EDIT: this level also co-incides with a 38 fib retracement...

Last edited:
MrG,
i usually switch over to these triggers about 60-120 minutes before the market opens.

Overnight, pre-market, I tighten up the range by replacing the previous session High and Low with Market Profile Value Area High & Low

sometimes i put those adjusted numbers up on here but usually only when i have a bit of free time

Hi RE

On some of your charts you have an item on the top called W(weekly)BOL(?bollinger) and also WBSD. What does BSD mean ?

Lastly do you use marketprofile to get the VAH and VAL ? I cant seem to download it from the CBOT website.

Good luck for tomorrow.
CT.

mate it's BDS not BSD

W BDS is simply the name of the drawn-in horizontal trigger point for the Weekly Break Down Short trigger.
ie the point which should be the limit of any day's channel moves,
but which if breached could potentially give a heads-up of a potential signal a potential price collapse. potentialy.