Camarilla Trading - Profit Everyday

Nifty Futures PRofit for 25th Nov 2010. (Dec contract)

H4 5974 Long breakout
H3 5930 Go Short
H2 5915
H1 5901

L1 5872
L2 5857
L3 5842 Go Long
L4 5799 Short Breakout

As per the above levels, short got triggered at H3(5930) at 10:20 am.

Targets H2, H1, L1, L2, L3 got achieved.

Final Target L3(5842) got achieved at 3:20 pm.

Total Profit = 5930 - 5842 = 88 points.

Profit of 4000+ with one lot of Nifty

Last edited by a moderator:
Nifty Futures Profit for 7th Dec 2010.

H4 6046 Long breakout
H3 6017 Go Short
H2 6007
H1 5998

L1 5978
L2 5969
L3 5959 Go Long
L4 5930 Short Breakout

As per the above levels, buy was signalled at L3(5959).

Nifty Futures made a low of 5956 today.

Buy triggered at 5959 i.e L3. at 1:10 pm.

Targets L2, L1, H1, H2, H3 achieved.

Target H3(6017) got achieved at 3:25 pm.

So Total Profit = 6017 - 5959 = 58 points.

Profit of 2500+ with lot of Nifty.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've removed all the links from radha55's posts as they were blocked from my viewing due to malicious content, see pic.

Attachments

• dodgy site links.JPG
    dodgy site links.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 314
Discovered while day trading in 1989 by Nick Stott, a successful bond trader in the financial markets, the SureFireThing 'Camarilla' equation uses a truism of nature to define market action - namely that most time series have a tendency to revert to the mean. In other words, when markets have a wide spread between the high and low the day before, they tend to reverse and retreat back towards the previous day's close. The SureFireThing Camarilla Equation uses some complicated mathematics to pluck 8 levels out of thin air, using nothing more than yesterday's open, high, low and close. These levels are, frankly, astounding in their accuracy as regards day trading, even to seasoned traders, who know all about support and resistance, pivot points and so on. SureFireThing.com supply their online SFT Camarilla Equation calculator for day trading at probably the lowest cost available anywhere. There are a number of other commercial sites purporting to supply a 'Camarilla' equation, but we cannot vouch for any of them, as none would give us a free trial! There are also various free websites offering 'Camarilla' Equation calculations, usually based on fairly standard pivot points and so on. None of these produces the same results as the SureFireThing version, and trading with them must therefore be regarded as 'pot luck'.

I realise this thread has been quite silent,
just wonder if anyone is trading this method?
is it worth to get into?

yes, every day, but I have refined it by adding Ichimoko Kinko Hyo as a filter to try to rule out initiating trades that are about to bump into a lot of serious resistance, or when price is consolidating within an Ichimoku "cloud"

And although I mostly trade the ES, I also have the NQ and DAX set up with Camarillas, as a pivot turning point on one of those can often be a good point to exit an open trade on ES

are you only using camarilla pivots or with other indicators ?

The other style of trading I do utilises
Ichimoku Kinko Hyo,
usually on a Daily TF for Options on stocks, indeces etc

I do sometimes go through phases of also adding in Ichimoku Kinko Hyo onto my Camarilla PP charts, normally as an exercise in finding reasons to KEEP OUT of a trade,
but the difficulty is that the indicator requires a timeframe, be it 1D, 4H, 1H, whatever,
while the Weekly Cam PPs are independent of TF - either they're triggered or they're not.

Hi Rathcoole does that include dow30

Tony

so far this week, if I had traded the Dow 30 futures (YM) I would have been stopped out from a Short from R3, and now looking for a decision from R4 whether to go Long or Short from extreme

but I mostly trade ES, so although I'm currently running a notional loss, i'm waiting to either get stopped out very very soon for a real loss, or for price to turn back over.

so far this week, if I had traded the Dow 30 futures (YM) I would have been stopped out from a Short from R3, and now looking for a decision from R4 whether to go Long or Short from extreme

but I mostly trade ES, so although I'm currently running a notional loss, i'm waiting to either get stopped out very very soon for a real loss, or for price to turn back over.

Thanks Rathcoole_exile i am seeing the accuracy of these levels and will continue now i know that you use them so well

Tony