Equity and Sector trading

brownie3

45 1
Hi,

I am relatively new to trading and actively search through lots of stocks and sectors to try and identify trading opportunities. Can anyone advise me of a less time consuming way of how to search for and identify equity and sector trading opportunities.

For example, I would like to know how to identify stocks and sectors that would be suitable for medium term Trending and short term Volatility/breakout strategies.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice,

Dave

Trader333

8,647 977
brownie3,

Can you define "Short Term" ie, days or intra-day ?

Do you trade UK stocks or US ?

Paul

brownie3

45 1
Short Term; Uk Stocks

Trader333 said:
brownie3,

Can you define "Short Term" ie, days or intra-day ?

Do you trade UK stocks or US ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

With regard to short term I mean days, for example, a stock that can be traded within a three week time span. Intraday trading is out of the question at the moment because I work full time and would not have enough time to closley monitor trades.

The stocks that I trade at the moment are through subscription to SignalTrader and are UK 350 stocks, but I hope to expand into US and FTSE 100 stocks very soon.

Dave

aarie5

99 2
brownie3,
no i don't really use the site. i trade indices intraday at the mo. it's up to you how you use it - hope it saves you some time.

Devon Womble

6 0
investtech

I have used investtech for a while and it is great - my problem is that it has recently gone from being a free site to a 140-ish euros per month subscription-only site. I will probably end up paying this but, just incase, does anyone know of a similar site that provides a similar service (i.e. list of equities, commods, indicies that have triggered buy/sell signals according to classic technical analysis patterns).

Cheers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock