Equity and Sector trading

brownie3

Hi,

I am relatively new to trading and actively search through lots of stocks and sectors to try and identify trading opportunities. Can anyone advise me of a less time consuming way of how to search for and identify equity and sector trading opportunities.

For example, I would like to know how to identify stocks and sectors that would be suitable for medium term Trending and short term Volatility/breakout strategies.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice,

Dave

brownie3,

Can you define "Short Term" ie, days or intra-day ?

Do you trade UK stocks or US ?

Paul

Short Term; Uk Stocks

Trader333 said:
brownie3,

Can you define "Short Term" ie, days or intra-day ?

Do you trade UK stocks or US ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

With regard to short term I mean days, for example, a stock that can be traded within a three week time span. Intraday trading is out of the question at the moment because I work full time and would not have enough time to closley monitor trades.

The stocks that I trade at the moment are through subscription to SignalTrader and are UK 350 stocks, but I hope to expand into US and FTSE 100 stocks very soon.

Dave

brownie3,
no i don't really use the site. i trade indices intraday at the mo. it's up to you how you use it - hope it saves you some time.

investtech

I have used investtech for a while and it is great - my problem is that it has recently gone from being a free site to a 140-ish euros per month subscription-only site. I will probably end up paying this but, just incase, does anyone know of a similar site that provides a similar service (i.e. list of equities, commods, indicies that have triggered buy/sell signals according to classic technical analysis patterns).

Cheers.