Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns

rizwanuk

Hi,

Has any one read:

(Wiley Trading) (Hardcover)
by Thomas N. Bulkowski

Any comments, I am trying to decide if I should buy the book.

Best regards

Rizwan

rizwanuk said:
Hi,

Has any one read:

by Thomas N. Bulkowski

Best regards

Rizwan

I have both "Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns" and "Trading Classic Chart Patterns" by Bulkowski. I have found them both useful. He is the only guy I have seen who provides a statistical significance in the construction of the chart.

If I was going to buy just one of these books I would go for the latter. It covers a significant proportion of the other book, plus the other book was looking a little dated but I notice there is a 2nd Edition that may remedy that. I don't have the second edition.

I have trawled most of the books in the book shop behind the London School of Economics looking for a better book and I have not come across one that has made an attempt to prove the significance of the charts.

I think this book is relatively inexpensive for the information it contains.

rizwanuk said:
Hi,

Has any one read:

by Thomas N. Bulkowski

Best regards

Rizwan

His protocol is a bit shaky, but at least he attempts to be specific.

Get it from the library.

--Db

Is there something like SWOT books, those available in the academic bookshops along Oxford Street (if they still sell them these days) which explain the nitty gritty of how to pass the exams?

Something like "How to really make money trading, Simplified" similar in fashion to the SWOT books could be added to the encyclopaedia.