Emigration??

As a brit, you'll probably like Australia more than the US.

I'd heartily recommend Perth or Sydney - Melbourne is a bit too much like Manchester weather-wise.

Of course, if you trade US hours, you'll find Australia sucks in terms of time zone.

I spend a lot of time in the US & have lots of Brit friends there. Most of them grin & bear it as opposed to loving it.

Mind you - I did live in Tenneessee when I was in my early 20's & the amount of women you get just by having an English accent there at that age is quite astounding. In LA, where I spend most of my time in the US now, you'll need to take a bank statement and recent salary slips/trading statements on a date there.

Mind you - I did live in Tenneessee when I was in my early 20's & the amount of women you get just by having an English accent there at that age is quite astounding. In LA, where I spend most of my time in the US now, you'll need to take a bank statement and recent salary slips/trading statements on a date there.

Hilarious. :cheesy:

If it would come to minimise tax whilst you are trading I would choose NZ or Canada. Both countries have an exemption rule for the first 4 years on overseas earnings. Australia at the moment for a brit is just too expensive. House prices, rents, food it is just more expensive in Oz as in the UK.

I would encourage the OP to look into the way expats structure their packages.

Leave the UK but leave your accounts in the UK where they won't be taxed.

For more info - I'd prefer a PM.

a nice, not so well known alternative to all three would be Italy (with its 12% fixed tax on trading profits)

nice tax rate but you'd better have a girlfriend already - either that or you'll have to learn fluent Italian and become a papist to convince any of those girls to take you home to mama.