Trading Arcade/Office in Singapore

swisspack

Hi

Im planning to move to Singapore next year. I wonder if anyone knows of any Arcades or Offices over there, that offer trading facilities for Eurex/Euronext and Eurodollar procucts?

Any help will be appreciated names, addresses, web sites etc

Thanks

SP

I think Saxon and Refco may have offices out there so you could try a search on them. Heard also something about many futures products out in Asia being lumped together on the SGX, Singapore Exchange, and that there may be prop facilities attached to the actual exchange. Sorry not to have any more precise info.

Are you at an Arcade yourself at the moment?

Marex have an office in Singapore, give Oliver Jones a call and as stated Saxon have an office as well.
If you want to trade Singapore exchange products give Rama Pillai a call as he will provide you with a list of all the local arcades tel (65) 6236 5157 or e-mail [email protected]

Thanks Guys

I will get in touch with all the above and have already e-mailed Rama @ sgx

Would really also like to hear from someone who is already in Singapore, As to maybe recommend an arcade or two or just give me a broad giudeline about the way things work over there. Speeds etc

STA also has an office over there.I know a few guys who have traded over there apparently the speed is slightly slower although not really noticeable.Well worth the move cut your living costs by a third and think you only pay 10% tax no matter how much you earn.

Hi have you ever thought of Dubai? Tax free!

Hi

Im planning to move to Singapore next year. I wonder if anyone knows of any Arcades or Offices over there, that offer trading facilities for Eurex/Euronext and Eurodollar procucts?

Any help will be appreciated names, addresses, web sites etc

Thanks

SP

hi guys im currently in singapore and have looked at different arcades, seems everyone of them wants a 30k sgd deposit.

hey. can i ask you more?
are arcades the same as prop trading firms?
Those arcades you are referring to do you mean those local stock brokerages? i've seen a few of their advertisements. Do they offer anything besides stock trading?

hey. can i ask you more?
are arcades the same as prop trading firms?
Those arcades you are referring to do you mean those local stock brokerages? i've seen a few of their advertisements. Do they offer anything besides stock trading?

They should do. Try Phillips. They are relatively cheap and have access to different markets

im trading through them actually. You mean they'll hire prop traders? Will they fully back me financially?

Capital gains tax in Singapore

STA also has an office over there.I know a few guys who have traded over there apparently the speed is slightly slower although not really noticeable.Well worth the move cut your living costs by a third and think you only pay 10% tax no matter how much you earn.

I thought Singapore didn´t levy any capital gains taxes? Wouldn´t that mean that you wouldn´t have to pay any taxes on the amount you made trading?

Yup no tax if you simple open an account and trade. But if its a job, u will still be taxed. The top income tax bracket is at 20% and for non-residents a flat rate of 15% or at the resident rate, whichever is higher

Yup no tax if you simple open an account and trade. But if its a job, u will still be taxed. The top income tax bracket is at 20% and for non-residents a flat rate of 15% or at the resident rate, whichever is higher

Thanks for you reply.
What does it mean that it´s a "job"? Would an average day trader paying the bills off investment/trading income be counted as having it as a job and therefore have to pay capital gains taxes in Singapore? Or would he actually have to pay income tax on the profits if it´s counted as a job?
How can it be that non-residents have to pay taxes in Singapore, if they are not residents?
I would appreciate a more thorough explanation:)

if you are just trading privately its not a job, like im doing. no tax on whatever gains you have. But if you trade for a firm, i presume theres tax because the firm pays u a salary.
non-residents have to pay taxes. Its like my singaporean friends working in uk and aus, they are also paying taxes. There may be some prior arrangement between your country and sg about taxes as well, mainly about double taxation policies. You may have to check that out.

singapore's tax authority website for your reference: IRAS: Home

Thanks again, teojh. Is it easy to become a resident of Singapore for a foreigner from Western Europe? How long can one stay in the country (and trade for one´s personal gain) without being a Singapore resident?
A dream would be to move from your country and not be liable to pay taxes to any state, but is that even possible?

im not knowledgable enough to help with all your questions.
But Singapore is definitely rather open to accepting new citizens to stem its greying and declining population. It would of course be easier if u have certain skills/qualifications. By the looks of the massive influx of new citizens from China and to an extent, India, i would say getting citizenship here should not be hard simply based on the fact that the govt needs to diversify its racial distribution more.

im not knowledgable enough to help with all your questions.
But Singapore is definitely rather open to accepting new citizens to stem its greying and declining population. It would of course be easier if u have certain skills/qualifications. By the looks of the massive influx of new citizens from China and to an extent, India, i would say getting citizenship here should not be hard simply based on the fact that the govt needs to diversify its racial distribution more.
Hello Teojh
Is it really true that people can arbitrage between Nikkei futures on SGX and Osaka?
How an individual can go about it
like any small prop firms who teach + rent out facility if the trader brings own capital?
Appreciate if anybody can throw some light on this
Email me [email protected]