Electricity tranfer from hell

clylbw

In May I made a request, through the website of uSwitch, to transfer my electricity supply account from Powergen to ScottishPower ManWeb. At the beginning of July, I received confirmation from ScottishPower that my transfer was successful.

However, in the past two weeks I have got letters from Powergen which say my account has gone back to them. I have NEVER given my permission for my account to go back. Since them I have made numerous phone calls, both to Powergen and ScottishPower, to sort out the problem, but my account is still with Powergen. Now they want to charge me at their ultra-high rates. I spoke with ScottishPower today; they said I could transfer my account for a 2nd time, but I would have to wait 6 to 8 weeks again.

I am simply frustrated and upset :mad: :mad: :mad: . From all I have heard, energy transfer should be simple and easy. Then why is this mess for my transfer? Why was my account moved without my knowledge?

And, what should I do now? The bottom line is, I do NOT want to stay with Powergen, and have lost faith in ScottishPower. But, given the mess at the moment, is it a good idea to transfer my account into a new supplier???

Thanks.

Last edited:
Lynn,

You need to ask Powergen who authorised moving your account back to them because someone must have done ?

Paul