education? financial management company? suck it and see??

mindy72

Dear All
I am a complete newby but am willing to learn.
By background, I am a psychologist and afterwards studied risk and reliability before doing my MBA...based on this, I have traditionally played it "safe" until recently where I decided that nothing is actually "safe" anyway!
Being tempted by the lure of property investment as well as inspired by "Rich Dad Poor Dad", I am ready to take the next step to learn and get involved with trading.
It seems a minefield of information and I am sure this question has been asked many times on this site but I thought it might be best to start by using a financial management company who could mentor me as well as manage my investments with a view to me managing my own portfolio and trading in the future.
Alternatively, I considered a professional course - for example, one accredited by the FSA etc.
I realise that most people on this site would be brave enough to start out on their own immediately but I have usually invested in my own understanding of a skill before actually trying it and would prefer to do the same here.
So, self-directed course? or management company? something else?
If you could either advise directly or guide me to the most relevant threads, I would gratefully appreciate it.
Melinda

hi, melinda and welcome to T2W

Not sure if you've come across the first steps guide - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=8332 - which isn't a bad place to start.

Then get a ready supply of wet towels to wrap round your head and have a good browse through the boards and knowledge lab. There's tons here.

jon