Economic Calendar

To be fair, IMO the FF economic calendar is pretty poor in terms of the length of time it takes to display the numbers after release. Yet this is the only calendar i know of displaying UK/EUR news items.

Are there any others displaying EUR/UK that update quicker than the FF calendar?

Many thanks.

On the Oanda site they have the 4cast one that covers all figures for that month.

I can print off Bloombergs data from the terminal - this goes as far forward as you want. PM me your fax number and I will do it as soon as I can.

Hi

the 4cast monthly pdf calendar at oanda site is by no means perfect, as it did not have the 150O GMT USA consumer sentiment release listed in the Februaary calendar, FF calendar did.
It is necessary to cross reference these with each other to get an accurate picture.

Satisfactory economic calendar news/results

Hi

i still only know of briefing.com and the forexfactory calendar that have satisfactory economic calendars that are updated soon after a news release.

The FF calendar is the only one to include EUR news items, and both calendars miss some news items, therefore i also print off the monthly 4cast calendar at Oanda, to make sure i know whats coming up.

Briefing.com is quite quick to display the numbers. FF can be very slow (up to 5 mins or more) to display the numbers.

I have a rule not to trade until at least 10 minutes after major releases, and this usually serves me well as market is often volatile in these 10 mins. However, there are occassions when market is stable inside these 10 minutes.

I can't believe that i am relying upon these 2 sources to provide the numbers for me. FF servers go down at major ENR's due to too much traffic.

Are there any other sources from which i can get free & near instantaneaous forex news results? Do any SB companies offer this for free? such as CMC, CS, City index, etc.?

I know T2W are bringing out an economic calendar. But seeing the market bouncing all over the place for 5 minutes after ENR's, and not knowing why, despite my 10 minute rule, is still not good.

Thanks.

JTrader said:
Are there any other sources from which i can get free & near instantaneaous forex news results? Do any SB companies offer this for free? such as CMC, CS, City index, etc.?
IG Index's news service is the one I use - live service provided by AFX and you can pull up a handy little 'headline monitor' to sit on your desktop which updates every 10 seconds or so.

EDIT: LOL - I watched it today out of interest, having posted this, and the BoE decision didn't come up for ages, even though it was updating with other newswire comments and articles :rolleyes:

Last edited: