east sussex / surrey

I'm back from my family event, trying to get back into trading, and remembering that there may be a meet coming up somewhere soon. If its not private, I'd very much like to join in: please post to this board or PM me as you can.

Thanks

It's still on, I'm thinking about an evening next week (avoiding the footie of course), just waiting for confirmation from a couple of guys first, but will post here ASAP.

rog1111

OK some provisional meeting dates next week are :

Wed 28th June
Thurs 29th June

Time around 7h15 pm

(no footie matches are on these days)

If those interested could please indicate whether they are definitely coming or not then I'll confirm a venue, which will most likely be within the Seaford-Eastbourne-Lewes triangle, possibly at my home with beers & snacks if there's too many of us for the pub.

Hope you all can make it

Roger

Those dates are both fine for me, Rog - Thur is slightly better than Wed, as I'm free earlier. Lewes is easiest/quickest to get to for me (confession: I don't have a car :rolleyes: ).

OK the meeting is on for next week :

Date : Wed 28th June
Time : 7.15pm
Venue : near Seaford East Sussex, I will pm the address to those interested.

All are welcome, but please let me know beforehand if you are coming

Roger

rog1111 said:
OK the meeting is on for next week :

Date : Wed 28th June
Time : 7.15pm
Venue : near Seaford East Sussex, I will pm the address to those interested.

All are welcome, but please let me know beforehand if you are coming

Roger

Thanks Roger - count me in.

Anyone else in the area (or beyond) is also welcome to come, PM me and I'll PM back the directions. Hopefully we'll get decent weather so we can sit around in the garden.....

Roger

;) Is anybody heading to the meet from Brighton? I need a lift to and from, I'm just to the north of Brighton, would really appreciate a lift, will happily share expenses. I'll be checking this thread and my PMs throughout the day. Response appreciated!

Roger,

Thanks for organising and hosting a great evening yesterday - it was good to meet a number of like minded traders yesterday, and get to know a few people trading in the local area as well as recognise and empathise with a number of trading problems that seemed common to the group!

Thanks again,

Rob.

Jack o'Clubs said:
Roger,

Thanks for organising and hosting a great evening yesterday - it was good to meet a number of like minded traders yesterday, and get to know a few people trading in the local area as well as recognise and empathise with a number of trading problems that seemed common to the group!

Thanks again,

Rob.

Absolutely, I'd like to second that, it was great. Can you let Martin know that I've followed his advice and opened a penny-a-point account?

It was lovely to meet experienced people who are so friendly to newbies. Thanks again!

Sussex meet - the aftermath

Thank you for all the messages and PMs, it was a pleasure. Thanks also to everyone for coming, it was great that you could make it, and hopefully good fun was had by all. I think it was 12h30 by the time we eventually finished ! Not bad for a week night !

Further thanks also to the very colourful Albert a.k.a Socrates and his lovely wife Therese for making a surprise guest appearance !

Best regards to all
Roger

chaps, sorry for the no show....I did attempt to meet, but spent my time on uncharted area of sussex looking for a pub called "the old sta......." lol.

As I didn't get a chance to introduce myself.......I day to swing trade es or ym and swing most forex s/b. Over the last 18 months I've immersed myself in tradestation and easy language with a view to strategy automation in the future. Still not there yet, but making progress and spend a lot of my time now writing and testing strategies/systems.

Hope to make it to the next meeting, although if any Brighton based traders want to meet up local for a beer please let me know.

It would be nice if the village did have a pub by that name...!!

I'm sure that we could have an interesting conversation as I have a lots of stories to tell about programming / systems / automation etc, but next time for sure.

rog1111

jm99 said:
chaps, sorry for the no show....I did attempt to meet, but spent my time on uncharted area of sussex looking for a pub called "the old sta......." lol.

As I didn't get a chance to introduce myself.......I day to swing trade es or ym and swing most forex s/b. Over the last 18 months I've immersed myself in tradestation and easy language with a view to strategy automation in the future. Still not there yet, but making progress and spend a lot of my time now writing and testing strategies/systems.

Hope to make it to the next meeting, although if any Brighton based traders want to meet up local for a beer please let me know.

also apologise as have been away and missed the meeting - but any further meetings around the area, I would be interested in .... good to hear that you all found it interesting and met some like minded traders !!