EAs

Coolm

Hi traders

May anyone please tell me, I would like to know as to how much reliable are EAs?

Kind regards
Coolm

You mean exponential averages? I always meant to, but never did look up that word in the dictionary. They were invented by someone and have caught on by TA users, but I have compared them with the simple averages and although the lines are at different levels they do not do any different a job which, for me are crossovers and trends.

I went to back to simple averages because the Bollinger Band calculation is based on the SA and I wanted to keep everything the same. In a nutshell, I don't think that it matters much on the shorter timeframes, although it might on the longer ones.

Last edited:
No Split - he means Expert Advisers for Mt4 - robots

In a nutshell, no EA makes money, not one.:LOL:

No Split - he means Expert Advisers for Mt4 - robots

In a nutshell, no EA makes money, not one.:LOL:

Well, I was not sure, so I hope he learns that letters, sometimes, stand for different things.

Nothing makes money, it's the interpretation one has...and it had better be the right one! :)

Well, I was not sure, so I hope he learns that letters, sometimes, stand for different things.

Nothing makes money, it's the interpretation one has...and it had better be the right one! :)

....err....right...er....

So if my interpretation is different, I can then hit the 'start EA button' and it will trade with a profit over time, whereas if my interpretation is wrong...

EAs don't make a trading profit, especially ones written in MT4 :LOL:

Actually, yeah, you're right, I'll change my interpretation: EAs can make money, if you write one and then screw people into buying it.

Err, I'm not interpretating your interpretation, correctly.

Hell, let's call the whole thing off! :D

Thanks for the rec, Tim, and for putting me right. Of course, I meant exponential. You guys must think that I am losing it.

Thanks for the rec, Tim, and for putting me right. Of course, I meant exponential. You guys must think that I am losing it.
Thats all right split, im sure your understanding of exponential is expedientially expedient. Or sumfink like dat :cheesy: