Earnings Season Correction

platinumtrade

I would like opinions on the performance of the U.S. stock market as we get into the earnings season. I'm concerned about the banking sector for sure. Does anyone see a large correction on the horizon? Lot's of uncertainty with regards to Presidential election also.

US indices look negative and little prospect of help from FOMC. I think we're going down.

But nobody knows for sure until after its happened so the thing is how to anticipate it. I might be tempted to start scaling in with shorts on the Dow or S&P with spreadbets but I don't think that option's open to you in the US. What are you doing about it?

US indices look negative and little prospect of help from FOMC. I think we're going down.

But nobody knows for sure until after its happened so the thing is how to anticipate it. I might be tempted to start scaling in with shorts on the Dow or S&P with spreadbets but I don't think that option's open to you in the US. What are you doing about it?
I am not in the market at this time. I would like to see at the minimum a 20% correction in general. I do have an interest in the gold & silver market at this time. I think silver in particular may be a good bet.