E-Mini SP 500

Looking long... manually for good names apart from ES...first tell...selloff into obama's "buy' stock" statement...

Last edited:
...well, thanks to all that made it happen...The new and improved office and the office part deux.
I was thinking of getting into the tech start up biz. Maybe auto. risk management or something a la Murex...
Chris, hope your well and my best to you and yours,

lol..

yeah its been a good life so far... single.

No worries, somethings completely out of one's control.

Tricky markets, nowadays:cheesy:
Still looking long ES with tight stops
Yen looks weak... tp. against low 100.XX's and wait a bit for the mother of all currency appreciations down the road.

Some good ol' garage rock n roll...

sign of trouble...some paper trapped short just below friday's pivot.
gotta support the folks in trouble:cheesy:

I am kind of confused and wondered if someone could help. I'm looking to trade futures contracts, such as e-mini S&P on CME. What is the best way of doing this?

a) I simply find a broker who supply me a data feed, trading platform, simple charting and charge me commission every time a trade.

b) I find a charting package, such as Sierra Chart and link this to a data feed (I don't know which one - any ideas?) and this gives me direct access to the exchange?. Do I still need a broker or does this by-pass them?

Forgive me if this is silly question, but I am new to this.

I am kind of confused and wondered if someone could help. I'm looking to trade futures contracts, such as e-mini S&P on CME. What is the best way of doing this?

a) I simply find a broker who supply me a data feed, trading platform, simple charting and charge me commission every time a trade.

b) I find a charting package, such as Sierra Chart and link this to a data feed (I don't know which one - any ideas?) and this gives me direct access to the exchange?. Do I still need a broker or does this by-pass them?

Forgive me if this is silly question, but I am new to this.

A) yes,this is where you start
B) fine tuning what you specifically like.

All the best,
J

A) yes,this is where you start
B) fine tuning what you specifically like.

All the best,
J

Cheers J, think I know where I'm going now. In that case I'll probably go for either Velocity Futures, Tradestation, Interative Brokers or MB Futures in order to trade e-mini S&P.

Anyone got an all round favourite?

Cheers J, think I know where I'm going now. In that case I'll probably go for either Velocity Futures, Tradestation, Interative Brokers or MB Futures in order to trade e-mini S&P.

Anyone got an all round favourite?

All are good brokers. I'm sure all would love the business, as well.
Again, It's what you would like, full service, deep discount nowadays outfits have it all and bouncing around all over the place is just a waste of time.

Cheers,