e-Currency Trading vs. Currency Trading

jeffd

Hello Traders,

I have been trading e-currencies (well, not exactly TRADING e-currencies, but facilitating the exchange) for a little while, and doing very well. Yesterday I told a friend what I was doing, and turns out he is a forex trader (which I assume is what everyone in here is??) and I never knew it. In fact, I had never heard of forex, he had never heard of e-currency exchange. Anyway, I am curious, and may want to diversify and play in another game, but want to know more. My friend said he stresses about his forex stuff all the time, he said he does "ok" but I don't know what that means. He said what he does is not a lot different than day trading, moving in and out of positions frequently. Is that accurate? If I wanted to learn more about currency trading, what is the best source? Here in your forum? I read somewhere else in here that most of you do not recommend commercially available products, so I was wondering where I should go?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Regards,

Type "forex" in the search box on this site.
Try elitetrader.com in the USA.

hey guys im a fresh grad looking to get into trading, whst is the best way for me to do this?? i am currently working as a fx dealer so i gues im the right field but i hear its a male dominated environment and its fairly difficult for a female to break into is this true?

Hi, Jeffd

jeffd said:
Hello Traders,

I have been trading e-currencies (well, not exactly TRADING e-currencies, but facilitating the exchange) for a little while, and doing very well. Yesterday I told a friend what I was doing, and turns out he is a forex trader (which I assume is what everyone in here is??) and I never knew it. In fact, I had never heard of forex, he had never heard of e-currency exchange. Anyway, I am curious, and may want to diversify and play in another game, but want to know more. My friend said he stresses about his forex stuff all the time, he said he does "ok" but I don't know what that means. He said what he does is not a lot different than day trading, moving in and out of positions frequently. Is that accurate? If I wanted to learn more about currency trading, what is the best source? Here in your forum? I read somewhere else in here that most of you do not recommend commercially available products, so I was wondering where I should go?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Regards,

I have traded forex myself, and just heard about e-currencies (know nothing abt it) would you be open to sharing info? I can show you alot abt forex.
Thx,
mistymtn

General,

E-currencies are used around the world as payment for goods and services on the internet, and since they are all gold backed, not backed by a government (like the $), there is no fluctuation in value in relation each other. Facilitating those exchanges on the internet is getting more and more popular, and can by fairly lucrative. If you want to know more, PM me, and I will send you some info.

Regards,