Best US broker for UK based E-mini trader - trying to avoid currency fluctuations

Chuckie

Hi,

Please could you give me some advice for my situation.

I am about to start day-trading the S&P 500 e-mini. I currently have an account with IB, but I am worried about the service I may or may not receive if I lose my connection. It seems that you can't get someone on the phone.

I was trading the e-mini back in 2002-2005 with a different broker. The service was excellent, but because the account was funded in dollars I was also exposed to the exchange rate fluctuations. With IB you have a base currency (in my case sterling) so it is easy to keep changing your money back and forth between the currencies.

So there's the predicament - IB with poor service (apparently), or better broker but open to currency fluctuations?

Are there any other solutions to this?

Thanks.

I can usually get someone on the phone with IB (pretty quickly), but I'm in the US. Are you calling IB from the UK? Don't know if IB phone service takes a long time in the UK.

Did you paper trade S & P e-mini before to test it out?

Jon

On this point can anyone recommend a broker for DMA the EMini S&P

Also if you're having trouble getting through to IB is it worth having a few quid with a SB company so if ou can't get through at least you can offset it with then, so worst case scenario is you have to pay 2xspread?