Dows Crash 2016

Yes I think so, but perhaps not in the way you might think.

Observation based.

As far as I can work out, the algo's basically get turned off because volatility has increased beyond normal ranges. When this happens we appear to get buy side vacuums and as a result we pretty much see a flash crash type price action.
So if my theory is correct, then it's entirely possible we could see a full retrace and who knows, even new near term highs!

So it wasn’t poor old Nivander sing in his bedroom in Hounslow that caused this one eh. ? :LOL: word on the street says he’s in America at the moment co-operating with the feds,trying to land some bigger fish to get his 1000 year sentence reduced a bit...

Yes I think so, but perhaps not in the way you might think.

Observation based.

As far as I can work out, the algo's basically get turned off because volatility has increased beyond normal ranges. When this happens we appear to get buy side vacuums and as a result we pretty much see a flash crash type price action.
So if my theory is correct, then it's entirely possible we could see a full retrace and who knows, even new near term highs!

:whistling

Attachments

• full retrace.png
    full retrace.png
    123 KB · Views: 327
Interest rates rise in boom times and fall over recessions.

Onwards and forwards. Signs are good. (y)

"“We don’t know when that day is going to be, it could be tomorrow, or next year, or two or three years from now,” Saluzzi said. “But when it happens, it’s going to be really, really ugly.”"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/3...day-could-stock-market-crash-again-2017-10-16

"The Dow dropped 4% on Friday, Oct. 16, 1987, and then plunged 23% on Black Monday.

There were many factors contributing to what was an unprecedented event to almost everyone on Wall Street. Those included a 44% run-up for the Dow from the end of 1986 through Aug. 25, 1987.

That jump was spurred, in part, by the Tax Reform Act of 1986"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...-market-crash-warn-of-danger-today-2017-10-19