Dow 2009

kutero, if you look at the futures you will see a different story. we cam with in 50 or so points of the main trend line before it reversed.

imo if your trading the actual indexes you HAVE to be looking at the futures. considering this is the main way people trade the index its self

Hello,

I haven't traded the dow for quite a while now, as I prefer the European Markets, but I'll join you guys here for little while, adding my 2 penneth and maybe the odd live call if thats OK.

Hi Dinos,

Good to hear from you again and it will be an absolute pleasure to have your contributions to these blogs. Do you mean DAX and CAC with the European markets? I had a dabble with DAX and FTSE too but reverted back to steady teddy Dow again.

Re: DOW - I reckon no matter what the NFP comes out at a gloss will be put on it and DOW will rise. Seasonal employment will be mentioned and that will be the end of our woes until end of April come May time. When lows will be tested I reckon.

If 8200s breached I see 8400-9000 on the horizon.

i disagree, we are up agasint massive resitance, would take an extremly positive outlook to crack that IMO. and i think tomorow is gona be worse than expected

Hi Mike, nice to hear from you as well, yes, I mainly trade ftse, cac and dax, stopped the trading IBEX as to volatile

Hi Dinos,

Good to hear from you again and it will be an absolute pleasure to have your contributions to these blogs. Do you mean DAX and CAC with the European markets? I had a dabble with DAX and FTSE too but reverted back to steady teddy Dow again.

Re: DOW - I reckon no matter what the NFP comes out at a gloss will be put on it and DOW will rise. Seasonal employment will be mentioned and that will be the end of our woes until end of April come May time. When lows will be tested I reckon.

If 8200s breached I see 8400-9000 on the horizon.

Hello,

Atilla how are you ?

How is your dow trading going ?

Rav700

8000 looks inevitable to me

so we got there eventually according to my analysis

Afternoon chaps

its all about the data .................

1 week, 1 hr chart - Dow Jones 7960 ....key level if holds post data we go further upwards

if we break 7960 then we are going down to 7800 - 7750 and i will certainly be shorting it as a nice profit can be made

1 week , 10 min chart - wait for 50 MA to be taken out before going short

my data is based on the US opening and closing only .... 14.30 - 21.00 hence gap up/down

happy trading

Attachments

• 3rd 12.03.png
    3rd 12.03.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 3rd 12.11.png
    3rd 12.11.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Hello,

Atilla how are you ?

How is your dow trading going ?

Rav700

Hi Rav, good good. Learning heaps and bounds. Finally arriving or getting somewhere. Dare I say learnt a lot at great cost. Many of the great guys on these blogs have helped a lot.

Waiting for the end of my current contract before embarking on professional day trading again.

Good to see you back... :D

Hi Rav, good good. Learning heaps and bounds. Finally arriving or getting somewhere. Dare I say learnt a lot at great cost. Many of the great guys on these blogs have helped a lot.

Waiting for the end of my current contract before embarking on professional day trading again.

Good to see you back... :D
Good to hear from you....
What do you say straight up on market open and let the profit taking resume.....will be looking to short near 8000 if it gets anywhere near there

Good to hear from you....
What do you say straight up on market open and let the profit taking resume.....will be looking to short near 8000 if it gets anywhere near there

I'm still bullish overall. Some profit taking likely to occur but I do feel we have more upside.

I'd be looking to buy on weakness. Anything above 7800 I'd be still bullish.

7900 looks like a line in the sand for the time being.

Good trading everyone.

We are now getting a bit of a bounce from 7900.

If we don't get above 7950-8000 and clear it but start dropping below 7900 it will be a case of classical Bollinger Band breakout to the down side and be well worth an Entry Order to short at 7880 or below imo.

so we got there eventually according to my analysis

Afternoon chaps

its all about the data .................

1 week, 1 hr chart - Dow Jones 7960 ....key level if holds post data we go further upwards

if we break 7960 then we are going down to 7800 - 7750 and i will certainly be shorting it as a nice profit can be made

1 week , 10 min chart - wait for 50 MA to be taken out before going short

my data is based on the US opening and closing only .... 14.30 - 21.00 hence gap up/down

happy trading

Mr Atilla - reason for the bounce @ 7900 =

this the reason why you are getting a bounce - blue horizontal line is gap up which coincides with pivot S1

I took my profit just there around 7900

I am waiting for confirmation below 7900 in order to go short again

I have gone long on S&P

everyone is welcome to check my live calls on my blog

take care

Attachments

• 3rd 16.44.png
    3rd 16.44.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 148
Mr Atilla - reason for the bounce @ 7900 =

this the reason why you are getting a bounce - blue horizontal line is gap up which coincides with pivot S1

I took my profit just there around 7900

I am waiting for confirmation below 7900 in order to go short again

I have gone long on S&P

everyone is welcome to check my live calls on my blog

take care

Thank you for your explanation and good call Wall St.

You have done very well...

Left:60 mins--Right:daily

Will it finish above 8000. Or at least traders should do the decent thing and allow it to finish above 8000 after sterling run from 6500. :)

Not the gusto sprint finish I was expecting but all things considered not bad considering bad NFP news imo.

Anything below 8000 likely to be tested next week I reckon.

Anything above 8000 likely to be a booster for more up time next week.

I reckon on 8000+ ... :clap:

Left:60 mins--Right:daily

Will it finish above 8000. Or at least traders should do the decent thing and allow it to finish above 8000 after sterling run from 6500. :)

Not the gusto sprint finish I was expecting but all things considered not bad considering bad NFP news imo.

Anything below 8000 likely to be tested next week I reckon.

Anything above 8000 likely to be a booster for more up time next week.

I reckon on 8000+ ... :clap:

Closed at 8017 but,
the last candle startle me. :?:
"Bearish Hanging man Pattern "

Closed at 8017 but,
the last candle startle me. :?:
"Bearish Hanging man Pattern "

Some sell off expected but I do feel finish above 8000 is significant. It's an indication for more upside imo.

I concur though the buying not hard and fast as I expected. I guess NFP took the turbo off-charge... Perphaps the hanging man is a worrying sign??? How worried is everyone.

On a fundamental level I've been really surprised with gold too. All this promise of trillions of dollars and still it fell below $900.

All the G20 talk is just pure whaffle to get the feel good factor going of more money and rescue promise. Any help from IMF is likely take years before it feeds into any economy. By then will have rampant inflation in 2011...

Well we now have the Easter holidays to look forward to and some holiday spending which should get tills blinging away...

I'll have to take a long look at the charts on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone... (y)

Thanks for your comment, Atilla..
8000 is a psychological level too..Closing at 8017, may be a bull trick. :)

Good holiday.

Looking at the daily chart I think some pull back and testing of support is inevitable. I suspect there is likely to be strong support around 7450-7500.

Considering we have broken above approx 50% - middle of this downward trend line, I do think 9000 will also be tested in the next couple of weeks.

I reckon anything above 8340+ is an indication we are heading to 9000.
Anything below 7880s and we will be testing 7500s.

In the meantime best to stay flat or scalp a possible sideway consolidation move around 7800-8200.

Attachments

• DOW-20090405-D1.png
    DOW-20090405-D1.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 153