Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any good UK based chat rooms around? Just a place for general chat whilst in a trade or waiting etc.

that worked better than expected av entry now showing @495 which will become the stop level after 3:30pm looking for 918 tomorrow morning

12077 must go........ at the very least

......the rest is ......well .......

At 906 now it's not that far in the context of the vol .... but unless breached I'm very cautious. The dax slide is a red flashing light...

The Hookster (often wrong sometimes right :))

Good call DC, I'm looking at 12170 at the mo.

I'm flat. No time to trade. Work is really hectic. I really envy you guys.

Good luck to you all. (y)

There are times when the shoe is on the other foot
Boredom I tend to go about 4 weeks before wanting a holiday
Stress and BP have adverse effects on your health ( have since stopped scalping with size)
on PAYE you dont have to deal with the svinkter police aka the inland revenue

on ytube there is a vid of a guy who apparently lost 40k buying 10 dow contracts on friday and then watching it sink on sunday.

its called 'The Stock market crash of 2008' hosted by HighProbabilityTrade

thanks. i didn't see it posted. Apologies to firewalker.

on his latest vid called 'stock market, AAPL, and my trading disaster' he talks about how he has become some overnight internet star with professional trading blogs talking about it.

200 to go.... or else

......the rest is ......well .......

At 906 now it's not that far in the context of the vol .... but unless breached I'm very cautious. The dax slide is a red flashing light...

The Hookster (often wrong sometimes right :))
:p

This is unbelievable - dows gone from 400 down to nearly 300 up. This doesnt help my nervous disposition in the slightest LOL

a little higher than expected but no worries 230s was where the long trade wanted to go Friday

right then you know what Im looking for from the FTSE early doors I would also like to see the Dow gap up slightly in the morning only a price over 362 alters lower figs, if we open gap down I will take profit in the 11900s and reload at recalculated figure.

today was fun but can we get a 10% day? tomorrow??

you gotta be careful with these ebay earnings looming - i was gonna go short overnight as well - but would rather have the sleep LOL

I thought you were a full-time trader.

BTW - AtillatheNun is viewing this thread right now :LOL:

I tried full time trading last year around March / April time but couldn't manage to get consistent returns. So I started contracting again in June. However, since last August results, stats and expectancy ratios very good. Since January this year, exceedingly good. Seriously would consider having another go now that my system is bringing in the lolly.

However, work is quite challenging at the mo., and I really would like to have best of both worlds. I never leave my projects half way and so would like to see it implemented handed over and then may leave at the end of a year or so.

As for AtillatheNun that's my friend at work taking the mickey. I've introduced him to SB'ing and T2W. Not sure if I done the right thing but there you go. :whistling

CV has also commented on this and I have advised AtN to change his name to Ghengis or something but he hasn't taken up the idea. I think he also has Austrian blood in him somewhere along the line so maybe he'll change. :cheesy::clap:

Possible move in DOW

So ...we are looking like we are heading higher for mo..after a few weeks of downtrend...

not sure if that was the bottom...but temporarily the sellers were exhausted..

see chart..do we get a move to 12550 then a fall to break this weeks lows? OR if that was the bottom...then..new highs or at least a test of the highs in the making...

Status
Not open for further replies.