Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have major overhead levels coming up for the dow?
I have nothing until 930...
on a friday? wow!

The usual Options Expiry rally continues. :sleep: You can almost write an EA for this. :idea:

Let's see what happens next week for global equity markets.

hi fw, what charts do u use if you don't mind me asking?...........is your hard stop always 20, one last thing do u use any indicators?

thanks..................as i said im always learning.

I would like to learn as well please :eek:

No, my stop depends on the average volatility, then entry point and the nearest support and resistance levels.

I use charts from BigCharts, IB, Prorealtime and Stockcharts.com. Each have their own advantages and specifics...

it looks more like the mother of all rises...

:LOL: Yep got it wrong again, moved stop to Break even and popped out for a while, came back expecting a nice profit:mad:
Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained, like fibonelli was saying must be the options+futures expiry thats pushing the markets up

:LOL: Yep got it wrong again, moved stop to Break even and popped out for a while, came back expecting a nice profit:mad:
Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained, like fibonelli was saying must be the options+futures expiry thats pushing the markets up

what futures are expiring today please, i ve have 06/08 on my es,er,ym etc

and if it's not that and it's not news, it's probably the nice weather :LOL:

Not to sure to be honest, earlier on I received a news alert flash on my screen saying today is a double which day, meaning futures and options expiry day:?:

my quarterly futures expire in March, June, September and December
options is another thing

but like I said, markets have gone up, down and sideways on expiration days
I have yet to see statistics that prove there is a correlation between the two

Looks like the sort of market where one waits and waits for the reverse. Here down and it doesn't come until one wanders off to walk the dog etc. and then its too late, its happened !! AAAAAAAAAh !!

Sell order set at 1398 (top of long term Oct 07 res and 08 sideways channel). Don't let the dog pee on the carpet....

Sell order set at 1398 (top of long term Oct 07 res and 08 sideways channel). Don't let the dog pee on the carpet....

Youre right on there. He's a 16 week old pup and pees and craps everywhere !!
But to return to the market, which seems to be slowly rising even though my Macd says it should be going down - a sign of a bit of strength imho

Youre right on there. He's a 16 week old pup and pees and craps everywhere !!
But to return to the market, which seems to be slowly rising even though my Macd says it should be going down - a sign of a bit of strength imho

yeah but the sell off has to come soon, no one is gonna want to hold till monday

anyone tried that beta testing site traderpoll.com ?
I've just joined will let you all know if its any good

Double witching hour refers to the final hour of the stock market trading session where two classes of options or futures expire. The two classes that expire during the double witching hour may be stock options, index options and index futures. The double witching hour occurs on the third Friday of each month, except for March, June, September and December. During the double witching hour, traders often scramble to offset their futures and options positions - meaning that a double witching hour is often a time of volatility. The heavy trading during a double witching hour can cause significant fluctuations in the value of the underlying stocks. A related term, the triple witching hour, is similar to the double witching hour except that three classes expire simultaneously instead of just two.

Status
Not open for further replies.