Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dow level

The Dow is holding up well at the moment, considering bad economic figures at 12.30
and the USD/JPY rate at 99.0. May be it is going to rise this afternnon !

Big move coming ...my gut says to the upside but only a guess :).....

The swing trade will be down but not yet...( imo) but with spx sitting tad above above 50ma and right at a downtrendline some fireworks are due....... plus NR7 so I believe (smallest range in seven trading days)....

everyone knows its an inside day(tues) so best of luck........

Ftse pennant looks interesting.....

Big move coming ...my gut says to the upside but only a guess :).....

The swing trade will be down but not yet...( imo) but with spx sitting tad above above 50ma and right at a downtrendline some fireworks are due....... plus NR7 so I believe (smallest range in seven trading days)....

everyone knows its an inside day(tues) so best of luck........

Ftse pennant looks interesting.....

whats your prediction for the dow come the end of this year? 10800?

jason

Last two days have been relatively slow and lacking volume...
Looks like a sign of strength to me.

I was looking for 12400 to provide support, it came down to 12375. But anything above this level looks bullish for a continuation higher imo.

Going long here at 1335.3 on the SPX

Dont particularly like long when we are a little oberbought on hte daily timeframe, but it looks like it wants to go further still to me.

8 handle stop on this trade.

Dont particularly like long when we are a little oberbought on hte daily timeframe, but it looks like it wants to go further still to me.

8 handle stop on this trade.

strange last 10 minutes on the SPX and the NDX though... a close below respectively 1337 and 1812 spells trouble ahead

Phew....!!

whats your prediction for the dow come the end of this year? 10800?

jason

dunno .....but I'll guess that we would expect at least 25% slice off the highs if this thing is as bad as insiders are claiming......... that makes 10800 (0r 10650) a target for this downwave (perhaps before dec 31, 2008). :cheesy:

As we know, in last major bear campaign dow top sliced almost 40% over ~ 2.5yr period

Thursday could be key.......

Drop thes evening on poor Oracle earnings. Maybe a long opportunity tommorrow imo.

Spx pullback has been moderate and spx hugging the 50ma with another NR7 - meaning the firework show was delayed........ the game appears to be about the 50ma for the time being ....or how we move away from 1340/41 SPX. Slow Stochastics are apparently topping above 80% ... so watch break down below 80%...

Looking out for the next week or so I'm more bearish than bullish but Thursday is for the fast money boys for me direction is 50/50 based on close of spx.

Fast money boys will like buying the spx below 1336 providing Japan can hold up overnight.... I hope they are right because for my swing ride down I want/need an intraday rally - rather than just falling apart here...

I'll be looking to see if Nikkei can hold 12500 roughly the Jan lows.....

Edit : My Doug Cass indicator has gone bearish...... (Doug is contributor to Stock Market News, Investing Advice, Stock Picks and Quotes - TheStreet.com)

ok, Closing half of last nights long here at 1340.8 for 55 pips profit,

other half still running with stop now at B/E

Shows what power the Main Stream Media has.A few days ago the world was falling apart.A few 'up' days and it goes deathly quiet.They report but they can't inform on financial matters.It might be better if they just 'shut up' on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.