attachment.php

Attachments

• fishing.jpg
    fishing.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 509
Here's some history.

DJIA between 1929 and 1932.

Log chart for added scaryness :eek:

Note the numerous counter trend rallies.

Attachments

• DJIA 1929-1932.JPG
    DJIA 1929-1932.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 167
Fed to provide as much as $900B in loans to banks

Monday October 6, 2:50 pm ET ( tsi: 2150)

By Jeannine Aversa, AP Economics Writer
Fed will provide as much as $900 billion in loans to banks to break through credit clog

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve will provide as much as $900 billion in cash loans to squeezed banks in an urgent effort Monday to break through a dangerous credit clog that threatens the economy and has unhinged financial markets around the globe.

The Fed's action is aimed at spurring spooked financial institutions, which are hoarding cash, to lend not only to each other but also to individuals and businesses.

Fed to provide as much as $900B in loans to banks: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

In 30 July I had written an article call "Where is S&P 500 Index heading to?".

At that time S&P500 was trading at 1263.20, currently S&P500 trades at 1061. If Fed Rate is indeed a good indicator of S&P500, then we will see the index going towards 950 level over the next few months.

Currently Fed Fund futures has signaled of further rate cut, so the next level that I will be looking to buy will be 900 level for S&P500.

In finance and economics textbook we often learn that when interest rate rises, this is going to slow down the economy, and when interest rate falls, this is going to be good for the economy. This is a wrong teaching and this is not happening in the real world!

U.S. stock index futures slid on Monday as concerns about the widening fallout from the credit crisis fueled a global equities sell-off and bank rescues in Europe heightened fears about the stability of major financial institutions.

Full report in my home page: "Where is S&P 500 Index heading to? (Part 3)"

According to The Guardian, UK ... the amount they need to pump is ~2500 Billion GBP

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fed to provide as much as $900B in loans to banks

Monday October 6, 2:50 pm ET ( tsi: 2150)

By Jeannine Aversa, AP Economics Writer
Fed will provide as much as $900 billion in loans to banks to break through credit clog

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve will provide as much as $900 billion in cash loans to squeezed banks in an urgent effort Monday to break through a dangerous credit clog that threatens the economy and has unhinged financial markets around the globe.

The Fed's action is aimed at spurring spooked financial institutions, which are hoarding cash, to lend not only to each other but also to individuals and businesses.

Fed to provide as much as $900B in loans to banks: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Barclays hit my target buy price of 280.

Anything between 260 - 280 is a buy imo.

Apologies for the DOW thread?

Any views... :cheesy:

good purchase i hope atilla ?!

back to the dow. looking at 15 minute chart of the future and the range from 9.00am to now has been approx 10140 to 9855. and its done this twice. the last hour this is slightly less 10100 to 9900. the market seems exhausted and i feel maybe this is the bottom being built. obviously the volatility means day traders can still get mullered but maybe the 9600 level will hold.

yesterday was the sort of day i had mentioned on here a couple of days ago in that some sort of capitulation occured. as i said then i dont believe in overbought / oversold but the bulls have put some sort of flag in and real investors seem to be around. the fed being involved in commercial paper should be a big help. i dont expect a huge rally as the world economy is clearly going to pay for all this but maybe the worst is over in equities. any views ?

ps what happened to all the guys who were all on here every 30 seconds posting all their trades a few days ago ?

Barclays hit my target buy price of 280.

Anything between 260 - 280 is a buy imo.

Apologies for the DOW thread?

Any views... :cheesy:

.....waw Atila :) fear is so much :) i do not know :) **** :) i think today waw even it's going up will be very slowly....why to take the risk ....cash is the king now everybody says.......wat do u think ??? r u going to buy ?

good purchase i hope atilla ?!

back to the dow. looking at 15 minute chart of the future and the range from 9.00am to now has been approx 10140 to 9855. and its done this twice. the last hour this is slightly less 10100 to 9900. the market seems exhausted and i feel maybe this is the bottom being built. obviously the volatility means day traders can still get mullered but maybe the 9600 level will hold.

yesterday was the sort of day i had mentioned on here a couple of days ago in that some sort of capitulation occured. as i said then i dont believe in overbought / oversold but the bulls have put some sort of flag in and real investors seem to be around. the fed being involved in commercial paper should be a big help. i dont expect a huge rally as the world economy is clearly going to pay for all this but maybe the worst is over in equities. any views ?

ps what happened to all the guys who were all on here every 30 seconds posting all their trades a few days ago ?

I was off sick for two days last week. I'm much better now and can only trade when I get home in the evenings.

I still haven't purchased Barclarys but at 260 it's about as low as I've ever seen it.

Very tempting.

I was off sick for two days last week. I'm much better now and can only trade when I get home in the evenings.

I still haven't purchased Barclarys but at 260 it's about as low as I've ever seen it.

Very tempting.

You might love it more, when it gives you a nice technical buying signal ;)

Take care!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.