Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, the trend is DOWN

We are in recession and the USA is heading toward DEPRESSION. Short any rally days and hold. I hope you guys covered your shorts for the day, but we may just keep heading lower and lower...

9500 is possible. Hell, 8500 is possible!
Check what it takes to lock the markets...limit down days are like 20% moves I think! so dow could drop 20% if something really bad happened, then they would halt trading.

Jesse Livermore became filthy rich while shorting the depression.

Guys, the trend is DOWN

We are in recession and the USA is heading toward DEPRESSION. Short any rally days and hold. I hope you guys covered your shorts for the day, but we may just keep heading lower and lower...

Check what it takes to lock the markets...limit down days are like 20% moves I think! so dow could drop 20% if something really bad happened, then they would halt trading.

I bet you wish you held your short now Mr J Arthur

Guys, the trend is DOWN

Agree, anything is possible, however, whilst shorting might be the natural choice, I trade the 5min timeframe, each day there are opportunities to trade, I suppose you could call it a micro trend within the overall general trend and is valid at that point in time, with a clear plan of action, entry, points target and exit, its fairly ok imho to trade either way, so long as your confident and your set up is robust. Just a thought, rather than manically shorting every rally, my last trade highlights what I mean.

Agree, anything is possible, however, whilst shorting might be the natural choice, I trade the 5min timeframe, each day there are opportunities to trade, I suppose you could call it a micro trend within the overall general trend and is valid at that point in time, with a clear plan of action, entry, points target and exit, its fairly ok imho to trade either way, so long as your confident and your set up is robust. Just a thought, rather than manically shorting every rally, my last trade highlights what I mean.

Agreed Dinos, in a strong bear trend you get some big drops which normally are followed by a sharp rise

Look at the beast go now, I closed out happy with the points gained which far exceeded my target, so the proceed were gratefully received, however, the macd gap cearly showing further gain were in the offering, again goes to show don't have rigid pre-conceived views, if the conditions are met and your set up say trade, then trade, if your wrong, then your stop loss will save you.

Looking to see whether we are going to get a retracement from these levels again

Change of Plan, closed final half at 19:41 @ 10632 (+100) and out for the night

Status
Not open for further replies.