Dow 2007

FW....Famous Friday up day 2row ?? It's possible Asia tanks,Europe follows,US pre-market down heavy.... up,up and away....

A bit frustrated? I'm surprised I've not blown my account revenge trading over missed opportunities. No trades yet today, waiting for the right one. Seriously pained over this.

lurker, this belongs to your journal, so, sorry guys

I am very happy you are going through this and that you have controlled yourself and not traded. kudos to you on that front. one step forward there, definitely!

think of it as smoking. If one smokes, one should try to aim to smoke only when one pleases, not when the body's need for nicotine demands a cigarrette. hope the analogy helps.

j

:-0 lol what kind of stops/targets do you normally use?

As a good friend of mine always says! "stops are for buses!" haha

No seriously - i use the 5 min DMIs for entry and exit. stops are generally 20 ticks, i try to let the profits run, unless DMI cross to downside. Also if i average in, then i usually scale out of half at break even ASAP.

Still very touchy feely - no real mechanical rules. Generally looking for 25-35 ticks per day.

Yeah i think so - stopped out. now flat on the day! oh well looks like ill try again tomorrow unless something crazy happens in the close.

Your stops and targets are way too close...give the trade room to develop...the Dow will whipsaw you all over the place otherwise...

cheers

Accumulation by the big boys there. PV guys - note the volume spike at 19:22. Perhaps a return to the bull heights soon? We have a double bottom, lower lows on the Tick....

Thing is, the price didn't hold there. A fake out....?

Review of the day

Had a great day, started with profit from overnight longs.

1) Traded both long and short
2) 8 trades, 6 wins, 1 loss, 1flat
3) Less posting, more concentrating
3) Could I have made it easier and made more?

The answer to 3 is possibly yes, having identified a short position from the start, had I monitored this on my 5 minute set up, I could have just let it run, the ema 8 has been below the ema21 all day, I could have ignored the fluctuations and rode it down some 150 points and added position on the fluctuating highs.

Something to ponder over

The answer to 3 is possibly yes, having identified a short position from the start, had I monitored this on my 5 minute set up, I could have just let it run, the ema 8 has been below the ema21 all day, I could have ignored the fluctuations and rode it down some 150 points and added position on the fluctuating highs.

Something to ponder over

You, sir, are indeed a Master of the Universe. Was looking to to this myself today, hoping for a repeat of yesterday. Then I fell asleep. Too late.

Something to ponder over

...superb. *this* is how it should be done. {i am staying out today - have a position open on the euro/dollar:rolleyes: :eek: }