Dow 2007

I have a long entry identified at 13453, any body go long..

My short last night, bummer -10

I took that a few points earlier, stopped out.

I was up +25 at one point. Given 28 back.

Tricks - it was an unconfirmed MA crossover signal. Was a silly trade in hindsight.

looks more like a short to me Dinos, (macd crossover, eme 20 / 50 crossed over 100 etc) what identified the long, if I may ask?

cheers - tricks
sorry that should read ema above!

yes I just went long... but the earlier signal was stronger... now it's in risk of breaking, so I went long with smaller size

Long 58 for the second time. Regrerring covering at 50.

Edit - I've paid 8 spread and eaten 8 loss between those two trades. I should have just held.

Well I've just given back 80% of my profits today in a single trade. Lost 20 from +25.

I think that illustrates - sorry if this sounds patronizing, it's definitely not meant that way - that you perhaps need to rethink your risk/reward... you are taking profits pretty quickly (I would even call it scalping) but you are letting your losing trades take much bigger hits... either you will be needing something like an 80-90% win ratio or you will want to adopt a slightly different strategy... anyway this probably belongs in your journal

Atilla, stockcharts fine for american market, but doesn't offer intraday europe markets and you are limited on the markets. pro-Real, seems ok, just testing free trial at moment

I think that illustrates - sorry if this sounds patronizing, it's definitely not meant that way - that you perhaps need to rethink your risk/reward... you are taking profits pretty quickly (I would even call it scalping) but you are letting your losing trades take much bigger hits... either you will be needing something like an 80-90% win ratio or you will want to adopt a slightly different strategy... anyway this probably belongs in your journal

Insightful. Care to post it on my journal, or perhaps I could include it in my review this evening. You are right about the risk / reward. I should consider letting winnings run on a little more. Come to think of it, my exists haven't been as good as my entries today. I could do with reviewing that.

Noted, thanks.

FW - you have also proved your abilities right here on this thread. Glad to have your ideas on the above, I.e. a suitable on-line charting package that's not too pricey ??

Sorry for not responding earlier, I must have overlooked this.

Frugi is right I am using IB's own charts, but they have been somewhat unreliable in the beginning of this year (they are stable now).

I also use a (free) plug-in IBCharts (www.ibcharts.com) which is pretty basic, but I like it. It has all the necessary features on it. so if you're looking for something cheap... (it obviously only works with IB as data feed).

Not quite convinced about a long just yet

I'm more than a little worried about mine.

Considering exiting at breakeven.

I was doing really well earlier also. Will get back to you regarding your PM in more detail later. I read it too early this morning to be able to think to much. I've been considering some of the points today, and addressed a few things in my last journal posting.

If exiting at breakeven wasn't part of the plan before, why would you do it now?
If you are worried, best thing to do is just walk away. Literally, just go take a walk for 15-30 minutes and come back to see where your trade is... Obviously I don't mean you have to leave every trade unmanaged, but if you have stops and targets in place, the only thing that staring at the screen will make you do, is react emotionally. I know it, because I have been prone to do it myself :|

I was doing really well earlier also. Will get back to you regarding your PM in more detail later. I read it too early this morning to be able to think to much. I've been considering some of the points today, and addressed a few things in my last journal posting.

i think you will do fine, as long as you have a hard stop as Firewalker states.

probably you entered early, but it is a good entry. good luck

j

edit: just make sure you dont do the stupid mistakes i make of adding to a long at the wrong time.

at exact same entry price as 1st trade

long 13490 ~cash 13450

ok, out with +20

would've preferd to stay in longer, but have to go out... so I'll see you guys tomorrow!

I'm really getting fond of this thread, hope we can get some more members posting their calls, should be interesting.

laterz

I didn't exit at breakeven, and my trade is now at 471 (bid) up from 458 (offer).

Looking to hold it, but I want to finish by 7pm.

FW, threads getting good, a few more viewing, if we can get a few more posters, hopefully we can help one another. Have a good night