Dow 2007

Kinger - I've shorted plenty this week, and most of those shorts were profitable.

Cool, thats good, you just gave the impression its was all going wrong a few times.
I hate day trading, rather have an argument with the wife ..tried it and realised I'm more of a 2 to 5 day trader. Although I've been long for so long now its starting to get a little boring :rolleyes:

One of the other reason why I gave up day trading was because I was using the charts and feeds from an SB company which swing wilder than the underlined price. So had to keep calculating the offset. What feed are you using ?

Catracho - thats what I've read in a couple of places on the net lately. NOT THAT I LISTEN ... forbid .. :)

Anyway, I also found a youtube vid thats explains why the dow is massively under valued right now compared to gold, housing etc.

This thread is starting to get a bad atmosphere with anyone who dares suggest that this market has gone too far too fast being criticised.

There are millions of market participants and they all have different perpectives and different views. You need this to make a market.

Lets keep it friendly so that people feel like posting eh !

29Investments - I agree with keeping it friendly. The only right view is the market price, and any "wrong" trades will be sniffed out by the market in due course.

I don't think we have very many "It can't go any higher, so I'll short for the hell of it" posters here.

Kinger - I'm trading with TradIndex, have CMC MarketMaker charts open for TA, and I am running a yahoo feed for ^DJI through AIOTrade (don't laugh too hard - the yahoo quotes are almost realtime and sometimes the SB lags by about 3 seconds behind...)

I've had a few good short trades, but also a few sticky ones.

fwiw i think cash needs to get below 13260 for test of 13240 .

does any one know who does tightest spreads on daily dow? and what the stop distance is?

im with ig at the mo but spread is 4 on daily. spreadbetting by the way. thanks

Brutus - 4 on daily with CMC. 5 on daily with TradIndex.
TradIndex has min stop of 30, and AFAIK you can set stops anywhere or not at all with CMC·

29Investments- my stop is at the same price (I set it above the high and because its 30 from my entry). What is the bet that there are a few million worth of buy orders at that price. Hopefully no stop hunters out today.

Update - the three of us have stops at 13288,13289, and 13289. Scary! (I'm only trading £3/point, so that represents a £90 loss before slippage)

Mid session Dow does little usually...volatility is pre open lasting for 1 hr and then again for the last 2 hrs...taking positions mid session i've never found to be much use at all really...just a thought

cv

it would be great to get a sell-off .... but hard not to see a test of 13300 in the last 4hrs
so I'm looking to get long...on intraday pbk

Bit of an upside down "@rse" forming on my s&p chart (call it an "M" or a "double top" whatever...)

Covered @ 13258 - 1 tic profit.

I don't have the guts to stay in this- I'll keep one eye open for another entry, but I think thats me out until Monday.