Dow 2007

Trade was taken at 17.59, I have now locked in more from the original 254 entry.
There is a small probability having studied the TA ( IB4 on the daily etc) that this trade which started off as a contra - retracement might eventually turn into a swinger.
I am 'hoping' its going to be knuckle free ride past 400 but with YM it never is.

Good luck to all those holding positions overnight for tomorrow with quad witching and all!!

Going to call it a week now chaps -final exit at 550 - have to leave the screens.
It's been a good week, lets keep it that way.(y)

Good luck.

Going to call it a week now chaps -final exit at 550 - have to leave the screens.
It's been a good week, lets keep it that way.(y)
Good luck.

Great trade smbtnt (y)

Everyone (except DC) knows Santa lives at the NORTH pole. :) :LOL:

:LOL: Anyone who was looking for shorts cleary isn't looking at any chart, otherwise it would've been staring him right in the eye :p

I hope I haven't ruined anyones christmas but I've just gone long again at 170.

Just poped in to see how things were going and thought I'd close one of my long's at 547 for a nice Christmas 377 profit.

Happy Christmas to everyone - :D Ho Ho Ho.

Just poped in to see how things were going and thought I'd close one of my long's at 547 for a nice Christmas 377 profit.

Happy Christmas to everyone - :D Ho Ho Ho.

Well done.
The Chiristmas rally is almost risk-free money, hence why I advised against shorts the other day when people were hoping for a big drop.

Merry Christmas!!!

Goldman analysts have just forecast billions more of writedowns and cut Citigroup divi by 40%.

Should be an interesting start of the year.... (I mean post Xmas)

Rather than go short earlier, I cleverly decided to sit and watch it go down. 425 looks suspiciously like the bottom, but the moment has passed to do anything now!

I see.. in my case I was already heavily short - so covered up and took partial profits and will play the waiting game now.....

Close today.

I've got 398 as a 20 day MA and 408 as a 50 day MA, I would put the close between those.
Anything lower than 400 is a very negative sign.
Glad I closed one of my longs Monday. :cheesy:
Sorry I didn't close them both now. :(

Long 494 futs. Stop 444. Target 594. 2:1 RR, holding overnight if need be.

Last edited:
Not happy about where the Dow is sitting right now so a quick exit at 395 for +25.

Good stuff postman. I had almost the exact same trade but on the ES. Closed it for 2.3 handles. Im thinking we may get a better price for a long tomorrow....