Dow 2007

Off to Tesco now, top up on the wine and beer etc, back at 7.00 to get ready for the 1 - 2 - 3 bonanza.

Yoohoo are you looking in FW ? ( can't tell from the footnote )
I respect your opinions too !!!!

Off to Tesco now, top up on the wine and beer etc, back at 7.00 to get ready for the 1 - 2 - 3 bonanza.

Heck - I have heard traders here refer to this pattern, and I'd appreciate clarification! Is that a bounce up (down), followed by a sharp reversal, followed by a trend up (down)?

Not quite sure what to do here, so unless I have a plan for when it comes out I will stay flat.

Are we likely to have a NFP style move (between 3 and 7 ES points, sharp, volatile)?

Volume looks interesting. It is quite light today, but that is to be expected. I am seeing a pretty firm rejection of the higher levels today, with local support at 13570 (getting tested now) and next support down at 13545. I think a 25bps cut would see a retest of either the HOD or R at 13600/10 and then a drop down to 13545. 0bps change or a rate increase isn't going to happen, a 50bps drop will see us make a new high for the day, but I think the market has priced some of that in. I remember doing very well selling the aftermath of the August FOMC, and it took more than a few minutes after 7:15 to start selling off.

I'm going to keep one eye on the RT newswire and one eye on the price. Not making a trading decision until there have been some commentary on the minutes through, and if I don't think price has reacted as it should, or is set to continue, I may trade.

Thoughts leading up into the number? I'm having IT problems (clicky / whiny hard drive in my main machine, cache flush issues too I think), so I am setting up my laptop (and emergency telephone) alongside.

Going out tonight, so looking to be flat by 8pm. Good trading all!

*Oh, I'd really love to see "Fed holds federal funds rate steady at 5.25%" (and says **** you to institutional gamblers) but it isn't going to happen!

BD, haven't checked, will let let you know

Tom, 1-2-3. Impulse, correction, follow on, which direction it moves first, thats the way I trade it

Lurker

I'm expecting 25, don't think they'll go for 50, to bigger admission they have cocked the economy up imho

"Borrowed from another site"

Attachments

• 0917_h32.jpg
    0917_h32.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 120
BD, haven't checked, will let let you know

Tom, 1-2-3. Impulse, correction, follow on, which direction it moves first, thats the way I trade it

Cheers Dinos. My otFeed isn't doing great, the live book at cbot.com is still on YMU7 (WHY!?) and my hard drive is clicking. I've put my bucket shop on speeddial and have my laptop setup, but I'll admit to nervousness. Flat into the number.

Good trading all!

The US economy is "Moving forward and slipping back in different dimensions"
(Prof Jorgenson [ BB's teacher])
Well I guess thats pretty clear then - isn't it ?

Lurker

I'm expecting 25, don't think they'll go for 50, to bigger admission they have cocked the economy up imho

I'm expecting consensus also. I sometimes disagree, like with the NFP this month, but this time I think 25bps. The minutes will tell more.

That was easy...

I was looking to buy cash as close to 360 as poss. I saw 372 overnight but rolled over in bed.......... may now struggle to get a good "in" but we'll see. Good entry into the swoosh into 7/7.15pm .........at that point - not sure ... :cheesy:

That's my only clear trade on dow today if I can get in ... so off hunting elsewhere.

Got in at 423 now flat but could have entry at 370 .... not hungry enough :eek:

Did no-one else have a limit order buy at 13500? I can't believe it ..
ah .. I can dream .. neither did I ..:p