Dow 2007

to print your own screen, press the printscreen key on your keyboard, then go into MSpaint and click edit then paste. Then save the file in GIF format and then upload it?

Anybody help me with how to attach charts?

Steve, barjon is quite correct about the uploading instructions. I'll add a few bits.

Valid extensions for images are: bmp gif jpe jpeg jpg png psd

if you are on Windows you can do the following:
Alt-PrtScn to take a screenshot of the current window, not the whole desktop.
PrtScn to take a screenshot of everything.
mspaint.exe (Windows paint), then Edit, Paste to get the image - you can edit it there and save.
Of course your charting software should have an image export feature.

The one thing I would disagree with barjon on (sorry) is using printscreen to get another member's chart. The quality of the chart would be better preserved by loading the image in your web browser, and saving it directly (save image as...) and using paint to edit it.

I am wondering if we have a techie resource on T2W. I wouldn't mind starting a thread to answer both common and tricky computer questions. I know quite a few here have an IT background, but we can't suppose everyone does. I've spotted the techies corner section, but there doesn't seem to be any actual guides stickied. Any ideas BarJon?

Microsoft has a page on screenshots, but beware that If you repeatedly press PRINT SCREEN, Windows XP may stop responding. (A modern computer OS which can't take screenshots without crashing! Sorry, please forgive my early morning MSFT bashing!)

Going a little offtopic, but here are screenshot instructions for Linux folk:

try import -window root ~/filename.png from a shell to take a screenshot called filename.png in your home directory.
sleep 5 && import -window root ~/filename.png from a shell will do the same after 5 seconds (which gives you a change to minimise the term)

This may work on Mac OSX with X11 also. Can a Mac user post screenshot instructions somewhere?

HTH

blown out of that.....-28 and -8.....

You're having a crappy day too?

I have so far a misplaced long where I should have been short, -16
An intentional scalp (picking up pennies in front of a steamroller), +1
A brain fart (short on a phantom reversal), -13.

Total = -28 which is my +27 from yesterday gone.

You're having a crappy day too?

I have so far a misplaced long where I should have been short, -16
An intentional scalp (picking up pennies in front of a steamroller), +1
A brain fart (short on a phantom reversal), -13.

Total = -28 which is my +27 from yesterday gone.

yep....I should've took more notice of Dax.....:eek:

Charts

Chart to look at, will post 10 & 15 soon

Attachments

• dow 5 min chart.png
    dow 5 min chart.png
    43 KB · Views: 148
10 min chart

As promised

Didn't work, will try again later

Attachments

• dow 10 min chart.htm
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,018
Last edited:
Closed both shorts at 68 (18) for +50 and (28) for +40.

Going for tea now, back later

As promised

Can anyone else view this okay? I can't. Dinos, can you save the actual PNG image and upload that instead of the HTML.

I've had a bad day. Those two losing trades were stupid. The last one was a brain fart, and the first seemed to be the very opposite of what my system told me to do. I guess we all try to pick tops or bottoms sometimes.

just got in and out with a nice 20 point profit in 3 mins on a binary. effectivly short 390 cash and now flat.

A bad day. I'm going to post a fully detailed written trading plan to my journal this evening. I've not traded the plan today. I've tried. Scalping isn't part of the plan, so trade 2 was wrong. Trade 1 was in the wrong direction, also wrong. The plan called for a short at 70 which I didn't take due to jitters. Trade 3 was a brain fart, and trade 4 was stopped out.

Okay, so the shorts I haven't taken today but got signals for according to my system have been profitable. The trades I have taken which don't agree with my system have not been profitable. What does that tell us?

Now, why can't I pull the trigger on my system (shorts at 70 earlier as discussed with FW, 510 as seen on chart, and 90 as seen on chart) and refrain from taking trades which aren't signalled (imaginary double top short)

I've shorted again. From 87 this time. (futures) Stop loss at 517 (above highs, 30 point TI minimum).

I'm pissing off for a wee while now. Oh yes, limit order to cover at 73.

Oscillating around now, will have to sit and wait I guess.

Lurker, I'll try the charts again, can't promise