Dow 2007

I favour some downside at this point now short on 13665.

CJIA, out of curiosity what's your stop/target and are they fixed?
I'm trying to improve on my exit strategy. I know take about 20-25points (in the DOW volatility of the last couple of days) on my first target and then let the market determine my second exit. My stop is usually about 10 points, if I can get a good entry.

now? looks rather late to me

I just went long on the Russell (853.50)... but doesn't look like many Russell-traders out here

ok just took 2 full points out of Russell... equals 40 DOW points so that makes up for the loser :) at least that market is still on fire, the DOW volatility seems to be shrinking.

I'll be off then... most markets look like they aren't going to stage something major today, and I hate trading in low volume or drifting times. So going to call it a week.

I wish everybody good and profitable trading and obviously a fine weekend.

now? looks rather late to me

I just went long on the Russell (853.50)... but doesn't look like many Russell-traders out here

Cant seem to find the Russel on Fins. Probably here somewhere . Why do you prefer the Russel FW ?

Cant seem to find the Russel on Fins. Probably here somewhere . Why do you prefer the Russel FW ?

Russell often has very decent volatility compared to the margin requirements... I posted this in Lurker's journal (btw lurker are you still lurking out there ;)) and copied it here:

The values are from IB, but basically it's the ADR that I'm finding attractive in ER2.
Dow Jones 30 = YM
- margin requirements: 1406 USD
- tick size: 5 USD (1 full point = 5 USD)
- average daily range: about 50-100 points
=> Maximum average daily range in terms of USD: 5 x 100 = 500 USD

Russell 2000 = ER2
- margin requirements: 2000 USD
- tick size: 10 USD (1 full point = 100 USD)
- average daily range: about 10-15 points
=> Maximum average daily range in terms of USD: 100 x 15 = 1500 USD

Basically you can lose a lot more on ER2 in terms of %.
Suppose you have a stop on YM of 10 points (50USD), than you would risk 3,55% of the required margin for that position. A similar stop on ER2 of 1 point (100USD) means risking 5% on a single trade. Obviously the rewards are much bigger too... that's why I like ER2

Thanks for the reply FW
More in your league than mine just yet, I think, I will stick to the really small stuff until I get up a bit of confidence ( if ever ! )