Dow 2006

Pat494 said:
Earlier Bloomberg had the Dow fut at +14 (10 UKT), now it's only +1 but Fins are quoting +14
Could this be significant ?
very low volume ot futs this morning,mini dow only 3410 at present.11445 up 11

DepthTangent said:
Exceedingly bullish with another move forward expected when trading gets underway today. Accumulation appears completed.

Well there's a nice move after several days of oscillation and Ive got my 45 pips profit in the bank. Market is likely to go higher again, however Its a nice sunny day so Iam going to go out and enjoy the fresh air. No need to work too hard. ;)

Au revoir !

DepthTangent said:
Good Afternoon kriesau my fellow trading buddy !

I remember not so long ago, posting literally 2 minutes before the event happened. A very long candle on the 5 min chart would appear to the upside I said, this after several hours of "harmonic flatulence" as the market gradually retraced by about 60 pts. What happened 2 mins later, the candle appeared. The only long candle of the entire trading day on the 5 min chart !

I see a lot of people posting links to news that occurred several hours ago on this thread, but I never see "predictions" as accurate as my 5 min candle event. So mock as you may, its of absolutely no detriment to me Sir ;)

Now then, I will let you guys get back to pasting stories about crude oil.

Good day to all.
Well anyone can make enigmatic or ambiguous statements and then subsequently claim that it constituted some kind of accurate prediction ! It won't wash here. A while back there was someone else who used to do this here and he was deservedly ridiculed for it.

If someone is going to make a general prediction - the market is going up, down or sideways then that is fair enough.

If someone is going to make a specific prediction i.e. "i am talking about a run to 11,650 my upside target...get ready" Jerry Olsen, then even better (I admire someone who has the balls to to do that since they can't fudge the outcome afterwards).

If someone wants to post a trade - 'I have just gone long or short at 11150' - and perhaps subsequently indicate the outcome - 'I closed out for 50pts profit/I was stopped out for a 25pt loss. - then that is interesting too.

There are a few people who have posted specific projections or trades (I've even occasionally done the latter myself) and that adds interest and insight into their trading styles. Checkout posters like FC, UK Hero and Down by the River on other threads.

The vast majority of people don't post any information about their own trades and that is fine too.

When people have posted general or specific predictions that are proven right then it can be observed by everyone on the thread - they don't need to announce it or tell everybody how smart or brilliant they are !

We're here to help one another, provide additional data that could be relevant to trading circumstances, discuss TA, amuse or simply to pass the time when markets are uneventful or slow.

Most posters are anonymous so that they can claim to be whatever they want to be. One can therefore only be judged by the character and integrity of their posts. Supercilliousness doesn't get any kudos in this kind of forum.

- Treasury price losses intensified early Thursday, sending yields higher, after the Labor Department announced an increase in labor costs, alongside a productivity gain, for the first quarter. The yield ($TNX :
CBOE 10-Year Treasury Yield Index

51.42, -0.02, 0.0% ) on the benchmark 10-year note rose to 5.164% from 5.15% before the report. Unit labor costs, a key gauge of inflation, rose 2.5%, much higher than the 1.3% gain expected by MarketWatch economists. The fixed-income market abhors inflation because it eats into the value of bonds and increases the chances for a hawkish U.S. monetary policy. Productivity rose 3.2%, exceeding the 2.9% gain predicted by MarketWatch. Separately, the department said initial jobless claims in the latest week increased by 5,000 to 322,000, the highest level since November

And what else have they got wrong I wonder :rolleyes:

The Commerce Department said Thursday it had overstated income growth in March and in the first quarter of the year by incorrectly attributing Medicare payments to March instead of to April. The corrected data show incomes rose 0.5% in March, not the 0.8% previously reported on Monday. For the first quarter, incomes rose at a 6.2% annualized rate, not the 6.7% previously reported last Friday

Someone did mention earlier in the week about commissions on SBs of only 1 point ( sorry can't remember who ). I have just had a look at Worldspreads and it's true their spread is 1 point on FTSE daily rolling. Does anyone know what the Dow or S&P jun future spead is on their website (have to a member I think).
Thanks

Pat494 said:
Someone did mention earlier in the week about commissions on SBs of only 1 point ( sorry can't remember who ). I have just had a look at Worldspreads and it's true their spread is 1 point on FTSE daily rolling. Does anyone know what the Dow or S&P jun future spead is on their website (have to a member I think).
Thanks
there wall st rollover bet goes to 1point in market hours. think only prob is spread about 6 out of hours if you want to close. go to there web site and you can see there prices .(live i think).

- Job growth slowed in the U.S. economy in April, but wage growth took off, the Labor Department said Friday. Nonfarm payrolls expanded by 138,000 in April, less than the 199,000 expected by economists surveyed by MarketWatch. The unemployment rate remained at 4.7% as expected. Average hourly earnings increased 9 cents, or 0.5%, to $16.61. Economists expected earnings to rise 0.3%. Earnings are up 3.8% in the past year, the biggest yeaer-over-year gain since August 2001. The acceleration in wages will keep pressure on the Federal Reserve to continue to raise interest rates to stamp out inflationary pressures stemming from wage costs

dcarrigan said:
there wall st rollover bet goes to 1point in market hours. think only prob is spread about 6 out of hours if you want to close. go to there web site and you can see there prices .(live i think).

Their frontpage doesn't give prices for Dow and S&P june futs. I went to the chat section and got Mike, who failed to respond ? Fell asleep or off his chair i suppose ?

Pat494 said:
Their frontpage doesn't give prices for Dow and S&P june futs. I went to the chat section and got Mike, who failed to respond ? Fell asleep or off his chair i suppose ?
think its only on rolling bets. i went to live chat and asked if it was permanent offer and was told they hope so?.dow is listed as wall st rollover.

dcarrigan said:
think its only on rolling bets. i went to live chat and asked if it was permanent offer and was told they hope so?.dow is listed as wall st rollover.

I got Mike back again ( got distracted ) the spreads are:-
Dow 8 pts
S&P 1pt
Fins are 9 and 1

That is a big big rise on the Dow. If it was just overnight I might be tempted to catch some points on the bounce. Any thoughts for over week end ?

Silence said:
So what have you to LOOSE from putting lots of "STOP" orders under DOW 11,580...........NOTHING apart from CATCH A CRASH...........and make plenty of MONEY.................It's to EASY.

TO PREDICT A CRASH IS AN ART...........WHO ELSE CAN PUTB THEIR NECK OUT.

Bid A-Tool

Seems to me, you don't have the first idea about anything to do with trading.

I could put my neck out about all sorts of things......you know what i've discovered over the yrs.....it aint worth it....because when your right everyone hates you....and when your wrong ....everyone gloats.....

YOU CAN'T HAVE MUCH CONFIDENCE IN YOUR SO CALLED "SECRET INDICATORS" OTHERWISE THEY WOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR SCRUTINY.....EH....

Ha ha ha HA HA ha HA hahahha ha HaH. I love you Batty, me old mate. You're the best........the best ever. Please, don't be banned. You make me laff long time.

Noooooo. Bring him back. Best entertainment on this board for ages. He is as mad as a badger. Please bring him back. Please