Dow 16/08/01

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
The support at 350 failed today, followed by a rapid drop to 270.The stochastic and RSI positive divergence here pointed to things to come- a solid rise from 275 to 390,closing up some 50 points on the day.The surprise for me was the drop from open to 275, considering stochastics were already at zero.It took a while to lock into the positive divergence.The bounce at 272 was right on the previous major downtrend support line.( remember the 100 point "shifted" support/res line?)
Surprising too was the blast through of the minor support line on the way back up to 390.
Having broken the down trend of the last 6 days, maybe we go up from here.Looking at the EOD charts, we have a triangle forming, similar to the the August'99 breakout. BB's are closing,and we have recently bounced off the lower BB.The last two bounces off the lower BB have lead to a rise (almost) to the upper BB within 6 days.Today is day four from the lower BB......
If that is the case, we are looking at a target of 600.Handy , that, because it takes us back full circle to 100% bounce up to the high of 1st August.This, in turn, would be 38% retrace of the mid March high of 11,350.
Looks good to me, but just how it will pan out, as always, is a mystery to me.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock