Dow 10000

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
When an Index begins to tank, how do you get it to rise ?

Came across this posting on another board.
Gave me food for thought as we are coming into the
U.S election run in.

Partial extract:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wall Street Bear Discussion Board Index »» How much do you bet. . .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much do you bet. . .
BostonBear - Thu, Sep 25, 2003 - 04:10 PM

that Kodak gets removed from the DOW soon. They'll say something about how Kodak "no longer represents a significant segment of the economy." Then they'll add a new, big, "growth" company. Remember when they kicked out Goodyear for Microsoft and Intel. Time to get a stock with more pep in the DOW.

Well ? , it is possible isn't it !

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
perhaps there are some candidates you would like to nominate for this heavy responsibility ?

ebay ?

lol

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 5
Hi Bonsai

Good point.
I thought the Dow was made up of the top 30 companies in terms of capitalization, but if they can choose.....
I would put in the Chinese Tech Stocks. Should give the Dow a boost going forward.

Just my thoughts :)

shogun

53 0
the mmm stock split must be a pain for the manipulators ,
a 1% move in mmm used to be worth 10 dow points now a 1% move is only worth 5 dow points,

if they are going to chuck out kodak they might as well get rid of atat as well ,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock